[R/D]chapter twenty five: captured

(Y/n) POV, flashback to 6 days before Toby~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...so that's what happened, after that, the town basically was terrified of me...either that or they were terified of how much chloroform it took to make me slow down, and how much it took to finally make me fall."
Cher says, I laugh at her story, I think I finally understand why cher Is so hard to take down, poor bad guys, they never stand a chance.

"So, how long left?"
I ask.

"'Dunno, I havent looked in a while, but I do know we're somewhere near new york."
Cher says.

"Once we get there, I wanna eat my weight in snacks...I miss gummy bears."
I say.

"I know, I do too...and those really good burgers that one couple made for us, damn, I ate like I hadn't in yeaarss, I miss those."
Cher says.

"..y'know, this is the best we've talked in a while."
I say.

"...yeah, you're right."
Cher says.

"How about when we get to Denver, we make a bunch of food and just...talk?"
I suggest, Cher smiles.

"I'd like that."
Cher says.

We keep walking on the road, we're about to go into the city, New York city, havent been there yet, maybe itll look like the pictures I've seen in books!

"...(y/n), about Denver..."
Cher mumbles, before a loud gunshot echoes the area, I look towards Cher in a panic...

...she has a gunshot wound on her arm.

"Fuck! What do we do?!"
I yell, Cher falls to the ground and screams in pain.

"Run into the woods, we cant get shot if the trees cover us!"
Cher says, I let her lean on me and start walking towards the woods, I want to go faster, but it's hard when a woman twice my weight is on me.

Once we make it, a couple more shots are heard, but then silence, Cher winces at the wound, it looks disgusting..

"What do we do about that..?"
I ask.

"The shrapnel is still in it, We'll have to pull it out...not here though, we shouldnt stay when they know where we are, let's make it into the city and barricade in a building."
Cher says, I nod and we start walking again.

...something in the pit of my stomache says this is gonna end badly.

Flashback over~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We run through the streets in a hurry, theres no more fog, but we don't see any of those people...I hope they havent found Oliver and Toby..

"Is that it..?"
Jack asks.

"Yeah, let's go!"
I say.

My heart is beating out of my chest, I can't tell if it's from fear or just because I've been running since the hardware store...fuck, I shouldn't have left Toby in there.

"Okay, we're too compromised to stay in the building, get the others and we'll run like hell."
I say, Sam walks over to me and grabs my hand.

"(Y/n)...I'm scared.."
Sam mumbles.

"We'll be fine, worse stuff has happened, we just gotta be careful and think it through."
I say, smiling, Sam smiles with pink dusted cheeks.

"Okay...let's go!"
I scream, Jack screams along and Noah growls loudly, sorta like a battle cry!

We slam the doors open and see...nobody, no jacket people, no Oliver...no Toby.

"No, no....shit! fan out! If anyone sees one of the bad guys, scream at the top of your lungs, I don't think code words are gonna help here."
I say, Jack gets off of Noah's back, stumbling to the wall and leaning on it.