chapter sixty five: Pop goes the weasel.

Believe it or not, I've been planning to introduce Jack back to the group for over twenty chapters. It's hard to find good times and places.

The person drawing the concept art for the character sprites of the game decided to draw River a V-line...if you know what that is, have fun with this information.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So....he's not dead?"
Nyx mumbles. We've been trying to explain this for a while now....It's hard to explain what Noah is when Noah doesn't even fully know.

"....sort of?"
I sigh.

Noah makes a loud huffing noise, staring up at the ceiling. He's been refusing to participate in the conversation for a while now...considering the first time I heard him speak clear words was less than ten minutes ago, I can't be mad that he isn't...maybe he can only do it a little bit a day or something?

"Listen, whatever he is...he is now my friend."
Nyx states, crossing his arms. Well...at least that ended the headache-making conversation of Noah's species.

"Speaking of friends...Noah, where's everyone else?"
I ask. Noah looks down from the ceiling and shrugs at me.

"Did you all get separated..?"
I ask.

"River...s-split up."
Noah mutters.

"River split up from the group?"
I repeat...I hope they're alright, it's dangerous in here all alone.

"Should we...go look for them? I might get the shit beaten outta me...but I'm willing to help."
Nyx says.

"I appreciate the help...should we go get Toby too?"
I ask. Axel most likely found the group by now, since he was roaming around the area where they all would've left from.

"Oh no, he's definitely untied himself by now, that's why I'm gonna shit beaten up."
Nyx states.

"Alright...lets head out then."
I say.

The three of us walk in a random direction, I try to follow Nyx since he at least knows the layout of where we came from to get here.

...I hope my friends are okay, they always seem to find trouble everywhere they go.

Axel POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...Jesus christ, Toby is terrifying. Sure, I knew him and the others were sort of nerve-racking, they kidnapped Alex and I, of course we'd be a little nervous around them...But Toby is absolutely terrifying. He's just....silent. Silent and angry.

"So...you said someone kidnapped (y/n), do you know where they put them?"
I ask.

"If I did, I wouldn't have moved slow enough for you to walk with me."
Toby blatantly states. That feels like an insult.

"...I hope they're alright, they were hurt pretty badly."
I sigh. They were in and out of consciousness...and the bone was about to strike clear out of their leg.

"Nothing will happen to them. It's (y/n), I watched them survive getting stabbed in the eye."
Toby claims.

"That...doesn't matter. They're still human, and I still worry about them."
I say...it seems like they have a knack for getting into shitty situations.

Suddenly, Toby stops in his tracks and turns to look at me. He still looks...angry, but when hes staring directly at me, it's even more eerie.

"Don't worry about them, they don't need your pity."
Toby hisses. What? Pity? If he thinks worrying for somebodys life is pity...how bad has his life been??