[R/D]chapter twenty nine: sympathy and empathy.

Noah POV, 1 year before
(y/n)~~~~~~~~~

Annie and Wilson have been yelling all day, their child, Katy, has been missing since last night, and they're yelling about who's to blame.

"And where were you then?! Huh?! Nowhere to be fucking seen!"
Annie yells, before turning to me, grabbing the book from my hand and glaring at me.

"Where were you??"
Annie asks, Looking towards me.

"I-i was asleep! It wasnt my turn to watch!"
I protest, Annie huffs and turns back to her husband.

"Its your fault our child is missing, shes only 4, she cant survive!"
Annie screams, I try to ignore them, they yell like this all the time, ever since I met them a couple years ago, I've learned they never agree on anything, and they yell all the time.

"Dont you think I fucking know that?!"
Wilson yells, voice cracking and eyes tearing up.

"We're going out to find her, and nobodys coming back until we find Katy!!"
Annie yells, grabbing both of us and running out the door.

Finding a small child in a big town...fuck. i hope we leave Philadelphia soon, this place is already causing arguments.

The second we walk into the woods, I have an odd feeling in my stomache, the kind youd get after you get into somewhere creepy...this doesnt feel right.

Present time~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stare at Oliver and Sam, they're nothing but trouble...Oliver especially, that motherfucker is a dark and horrifying person, I dont think he realized I wasnt with the others...I dont trust him around anyone, especially not (y/n).

"Where are we gonna go...?"
Toby asks.

"Far, I dont want to be anywhere around here."
Oliver says blandly, (y/n) nods.

"Hey...I'm scared..."
Sam mumbles, looking around.

"You shouldn't be, if you are, you'll be paranoid."
Oliver says.

I want to yell at him, I want to tell (y/n) what hes done, but...I still cant speak correctly, the bite mark all those years ago, it was in my neck...i guess it made my throat swell up...i never noticed, it didnt bother me until lately.

"F..fa..."
I try to speak, but, like all my other attempts, it turns out as growls, it's not the bite that makes me unable to speak, it's what grew from it, its stuck in my throat...how to I get it off??

"Maybe we can stop in a different camp site?"
Toby suggests, but (y/n) quickly shakes their head in disagreement.

"Then how about a different town? A bigger one, so theres no chance theres a group holding in it?"
Sam says, (y/n) doesn't react.

"Let's do that one."
Oliver says.

While walking, I try to think, if I cant speak, how else can I tell them what Oliver did?? If i dont, he could off other people, even...(y/n)...I cant let that happen.

Write it? No, Oliver could easily kick it and the writing would be gone...then he'd know i know and I'd be down.

"Is that a town?"
Sam asks, pointing to something poking from outside the woods.

"Uh...more like a city."
Toby mumbles as we get closer.

From the forest is a giant city, with big buildings and streets, thatd be a great place for me, I could climb and jump and nobody could get me...not even Oliver..

"Let's go there, it looks like a motel."
Toby says, grabbing Sam and Oliver's hand, I guess he knows not to grab my hand...or he just doesn't want to, my hand does look really weird...better than the other infected ones.

I follow the three towards an abandoned motel, it looks like someone tried to wall themself in, but there's an opening, it sort of looks like...a door, not a broken area, it just looks like an open door. [Anyone get the motel reference?]

"Close that, we'll stay here for a day or two, just to calm down a little."
Oliver says, walking towards me and (y/n), taking them off my back, I want to hurt him so badly...but that'll upset (y/n).

"Hey...can you come with me? I dont wanna be around here by myself..."
Sam mumbles, darting his eyes around the motel, (y/n) looks at him and smiles...fuck, it hurts to watch them try so hard.

"Yeah, let's go."
(Y/n) says, grabbing Sam's hand.

"Hey, clawed...I gotta talk to you."
Toby says, grabbing my jacket and dragging me along with it.

..at least Oliver wont be near them, hes making a fire, and Sam took (y/n) somewhere...now i just have to hope that Sam doesn't go to his friend.

Sam POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They're acting so sad...I know how they feel, and I wanna make them feel better..I took them to a random room and closed the doors, they just sit on the bed and sigh.

"I know you're sad, and I am too, but we dont have to be sad...or at least, not sad..alone."
I say, putting my hand on their shoulder, they look over to me.

"He was a great person...I don't want him to be gone..."
(Y/n) whispers, I pull them in my arms and squeeze them tightly...this feels nice..

"He'll never leave as long as you remember him, but you cant be sad about it, if you cant be happy by yourself, I can help you...okay?"
I whisper, (y/n) wraps their hands around my waist.

"Thank you Sam..."
(Y/n) says, putting their head on my shoulder.

We stay like this for a little while, and it's pure heaven, having her this close feels like euphoria...I don't wanna let them go....i haven't felt this safe in such a long time, i just want to stay in here and hold them...nobody can hurt us if we stay here.

"STAY THE FUCK BACK!"
A muffled yell calls out.

"What was that..?"
I mumble, (y/n) pulls away from my hug...i guess the outside world really can screw us up in here.

"It sounds like it came from outside...where thE OTHERS ARE!"
(Y/n) jolts up from the bed and runs to the door, I follow after as they open it.

"Who's that..?!"
I whimper.

"GET OUT OF HERE OR ILL SHOOT!!"
Oliver screams, a man in a brown jacket is just...standing there.

"Oliver, no!!"
(Y/n) screams, jumping from the balcony and landing down there, they sprint towards Oliver and the mystery man with their axe in hand.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HIM OR I'LL CUT YOUR TONGUE OFF AND FEED IT TO LOS MUERTOS!!"
(Y/n) hisses.

"(Y/n)!!"
I scream from the edge of the balcony, the man turns towards me, and (y/n) takes the chance to hit him over the head with the end of their axe handle, knocking him out.

"...well that handled that."
Oliver mumbles, I make my way down to them, and when I get there, I stare down at the man.

"What do we do with him?"
(Y/n) asks.

"Put him in one of these rooms, then lock him in."
Oliver says, (y/n) nods and drags the man towards the motel rooms again.

...I have a weird feeling about this, like something about this isn't gonna turn out well.