[R/D]chapter forty five: the storm.

Toby POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking across the streets, we look for a building close to where (y/n) and the man walked off to.

"I hate walking, so much."
Conny groans.

"Why dont we just go in that?"
I say, pointing to a small little building.

"...what the fehk is that?"
River asks.

"...good question, maybe a small store, whatever it is it'll be great to stay a night in."
I say, Oliver hums and walks into it, not saying a word.

We follow after him, walking into the store, its dark, and the shelves are all empty...this place mustve been fucked up once the infection hit.

"Alright, now what?"
Conny asks.

"Make a signal fire, the hunting group will need it when theyre looking for us, Noah, search for any of the dead, we cant have them jumping us."
I say.

"So...just light a fire and beat up a 'buncha rot? fehkin hell, this is great."
River says, grinning.

Once Noah walks into the backroom, i follow him.

"Noah, we need to talk."
I say, closing the door, he looks at me with his head tilted.

"Its about Sam..."
I say, Noah bares his teeth, probably showing hes not happy about something in that sentence...most likely Sam.

"Oliver has been acting...more agressive, maybe Sam's 'disappearance' is affecting him."
I say.

"He's....b..bad.."
Noah growls, black ooze drips from his mouth, but its less, and his voice sounds more...human-like.

"I agree with you, but at this point, he could become a danger...!"
I say, Noah growls quietly, closing his eyes.

"K-kil..ill...Oli..Ver?"
Noah growls, spitting out the smelly black goo...is that his blood??

"No, not yet at least, we just have to watch him, if he does something that could hurt the group....he'll meet Sam again."
I say, Noah grins with his long, sharp teeth.

"Hey, the fuck are you two doing?"
Oliver aske, opening thr door with a confused look on his face.

"Uh....talking."
I say.

"Uh...Noah cant talk, have you just been in here talking to a growling infected?"
Oliver asks.

"Eh, sure whatever."
I mumble, walking past him, Noah walks after me.

I walk into the main area, and i see Conny and River, they're sitting on the floor with their backpacks next to them, they made a fire in here, and theres a bigger one on the road outside.

"Huh...you guys did it, guess all we do now is wait for (y/n) and the big guy."
I say, sitting down next to them, River huffs, a pissy expression on his face.

"Whats wrong with you??"
Conny asks.

"That tall fehker that went with (y/n)..."
River mumbles, crossing their arms.

"What about him? The fact (y/n) met him when he was breaking in and now they're suddenly friends? Or the fact his skins tanned even though hes only been wearing that green cloak since we've met him?"
Conny asks.

"The...the first thing. 'Doncha think its creepy that (y/n) trusts the fehker, even though he could've been sneakin' in to kill us?"
River asks.

"That's fair, but then again, its (y/n)! They got attached to Noah in the three hours he kidnapped them."
I say, Noah growls quietly, his version of a hum.

"Plus, them and i became friends in the night i was held hostage...its just their thing."
Conny says.

"It...i-it still makes me real fehkin pissed."
River mumbles, curling their legs close to their chest.

"Well, we cant do shit, they've got their heart set on this."
Oliver says quietly, looking out at the signal fire.

"Well, they'll be back any second, you can tell them that when they walk in, okay?"
I say.

"....its getting kinda dark, where'd (y/n) say the national park is?"
Conny asks.

"I...don't remember, but im sure they'll see the fire and be here safely soon."
I say, a crack of thunder fills my ears, and i look outside.

"...its raining, what kind of fehkin luck.."
River growls.

The fire struggles to stay up as the rain gets heavier...please make it (y/n)..

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dragging the buck across the town, its suddenly starts to rain..hard.

"Its a cloudburst."
Greyson huffs.

"Eh?"
I hum.

"It means sudden rain."
Greyson explains, his quiet voice making me less angry at the...cloudburst.

"Here."
Greyson says, pointing to a little house, its windows are broken, but it doesnt look unstable.

Greyson grabs the buck and walks to the house, i follow after.

Once we get in, greyson lays the buck on some cloth on the floor, sitting next to it, i sit on the other side as the rain patters on the ceiling.

"how long are we gonna be here?"
I ask.

"Probably...until the rain stops."
Greyson says.

"But the group will worry...!"
I say...Last time someone in there worried about me, Toby ended up getting kidnapped.

"Its fine."
Greyson mumbles.

"But-"

"We have no control over it, the rain makes it harder to see the dead, its either we stay here until it ends or we go out and possibly get eaten."
Greyson says. Thats the longest sentence hes said so far...huh.

"...alright."
I mumble.

Greyson sighs, looking out the broken window, i open my backpack...the notebooks still there, good thing it wasnt damaged...I'll read until the storm passes.

"What's that?"
Greyson asks.

"Ah-uh...my journal?"
I mumble.

"..."
Greyson is silent, sighing and going back to staring out the window.

...this notebook has so many questions i want answerer, what happened to these people? and...why was cher taking me somewhere that was looking for immune people? she didn't even know...did she?

Hopefully this will explain whats going on...i hope Cher is in Denver...