Chapter 22

We were an hour away from our destination the Grizzly Tooth pack when Brian stopped the car in an abandoned factory at the base of the Great Grey Mountain. There were no roads leading to the Grizzly cave and we had to leave the truck and descend the mountain in our shifting forms.

Their eyes were upon us, we knew that much, but we needed them to see us, to see us as friendly, not a lurking threat.

Leo stuck to his bear form as we had discussed in the car earlier, Leo, Brian and me were the ground animals, Shylo and Blake were our eyes in the sky. Watching over us, taking turns and coming down to us every once in awhile, to give us informations about their numbers, where they were and guiding us on a direct path of the grizzly cave.

The slopes were steep, and the snow making it difficult to see. All there was to do was to climb higher and higher.

Leo's big golden bears paws making it slightly more harder to climb, his big form making it difficult in the narrow ascent. Slipping a couple of times before Shylo guiding us to a cliff a couple of meters on our right, on to a slightly easier path for my mate.

I knew he wanted to shift and take to the sky, but I needed him close. And I didn't want the eyes on us know my mate had other shifterforms, not yet.

We reached another top point and a grey wolf appeared in front of us. He shifted, still coverd in fur, but this was a big cloak, his long hair was braided behind him and swayed in the blowing wind.

"Show yourself" He demanded in a harsh tone.

We shifted where we stood. And once I had my human form back I raised my arm behind me, gesturing to our two birds. If we were going to do this we needed to do it together, they needed to see we weren't hiding. Shylo and Blake shifted and stod tall behind me. I slowly took a step towards the grey wolf and spoke my intentions.

"I am Rex, prince of the Black Blood tribe" my words were strong and I spoke louder than necessary for them all to hear me "I am here to speak to the Grizzly Tooth pack and Storm Cold pack"

Another man aproaced the grey wolf, his cloke white - he was from the Storm Cold pack. They had a tight alliance, the pack up in the mountain, there were three in total that we knew, but the last one Black Night pack were rarely seen and almost belived a myth.

They didn't talk to each other but a slight nod between them were seen before the grey wolf gestured a hand towards me and my men to come with them.

We followed behind in a tight formation, with them leading us on a thin path in the snow of their own footsteps. The path became bigger and bigger as more of their shifter people came towards us, popping their heads out from behind trees and rocks, flanking us on the path to the grizzly cave.

The cave coming towards us, its big jav of a grizzly head had been carved out of the mountain, down to the tiniest precision of each grain, each hair, each dripping tooth. The caves darkness swallowing us whole.

Easing my lynx to the surface I walked with my pack at a steady pace after the shifters who guided us onward. Small torches were sett on each side of the tunnel, and it slowly open up to a big cave.

Shifters huddling up all over the many exits in an out of the hollowed stomack of the grizzly. In the center a carved out hole leading down and in the middle a big fire. Severeal shifters sat around the fire on the carved out seats. One had a big grizzly head skinn over his head, and two eyes were painted in his forehead, he had no beard but long grey braided hair. His hand was linked with his mate and above them four young girls were seated, his daugthers, but didn't he have five kids? I was told he had a son aswell, maybe it was the grey wolf we met?