Chapter 11

Back home the meat hall were exploding with excitement as Brax and Luke were both telling the story. Their words cut into the tense herd. It was amazing how they told the tale, one filling inn where the other left of, like punching a ball back and forth, not leaving anything out. Making the story come alive, the story about Leo, the golden hawk, beating the brown bear with a knockout.

Leo was sitting close to me, almost snuggling. I think he was a bit embarrassed about the whole story telling, the attention, as if he dit not deserve it. Nervously biting his lip.

But he did deserve it. And I wanted our pack to see what I always saw when I looked at him. My Leo, my mate was so fierce, strong and wonderful.

And my father loved the story, smiling widely at Leo, secretly telling him - I told you so. And he had tho, known all along how amazing my mate was. But then again our king always did see the good in people, believing in what each shifter potentially could become.

After the night got longer, few people were left. I was talking to my father when Leo lightly tapped my shoulder.

“Hey, it's been a long day, i'm gonna head upstairs” And then he kissed me, soft peck on the lips.”I'll se you soon” he smiled, like it was the most normal thing in the world, and it was.

I didn't know I had kept staring at him, walking out, until dad spoke again. “You are lucky to have each other.” I turned to him, his expression a little pained.

“I'm sorry father, i'm sorry im gay.”

“Oh no son. Of all the things to be sorry for this is not one of them. Never be sorry for who you are,” he shook his head. “how long have you known?”

I stay still, looking at my beer bottle.

“That long hu....” he sighs “I should have known, your friends were always bragging on about girls and stuff, and I saw you sitting quiet, It didn't even cross my mind that you.....” he trailed off.

Taking a deap breath of his cigar he spoke again “I didn't know how sad you actually were, until I saw you with Leo. And I am happy you found your missing piece, your soulmate. And I want you to know it wouldn't matter a dam thing if it was a girl, boy or a cute little bunny, I just want you to be happy.”

I grin at him “Thanks dad”

He squeeze me on the shoulder, reassuring me.

Taking a good sip of his beer bottle he hastily says “-You could be sorry for the dynamite accident...” he smirks.

I grinn at him “Eh...” I shrug casually “That worked out pretty well in the end” I winked at him.

My father snorts beside me.

That's my cue and I get up stiffly, the long day taking its tole. I murmur my godbyes to everyone before I head up to our guarter.

The lights are on and I walk into the bedroom. Leo rolles over and quickly tosses a small book under his pillow.

“Hi” he says eyes wide and a little out of breath.

What he didn't think I saw him throwing the small book of the naked girl on under his pillow. I narrow my eyes at him and he slightly lifts his brow, like a silent question.

I just snort at him “Dont worry i'm gonna take a shower, so you can go back to Miss Lola and her bouncing boobies.”

“What?” he giggles, eyes wide “You read it?”

“No” I snort “just flipped through a couple of pages” he keeps laughing and I continue “I wanted to se what the big deal was.”

“And?”