Chapter 2.

"I'm interested"

A simple few words that will affect me for the rest of my life. But I had no choice. My father's words gnawed in my head, "come back with a mate" like a bad verse in a bad song, going on repeat in my head all night.

A big grin was pasted on King Graydon. "Great" he put a firm hand around my shoulder "Let's go into my private office and talk further"

He led me through a massive pair of double wooden doors, toward an square table with a big chair in front. Three of his men followed us inn and red coat was among them. Private my ass. He even had two guards at the door, but they were probably mandatory due to the heavy doors.

An affiliation through partners is a good future investment. The bond between Black Blood and Red Mountain would be unbeatable together. They are both large and strong tribes in the shifting community.

He satt down in the biggest chair in front and gestured to the chair opposit for me to sit. The others scattered on sofa and chairs around the room, and I sensed their stair in the back of my neck. King Graydon clapped his hands together and the sound left a hollow emptiness in the tense room.

"I knew we could find a solution together Prince Rex, let me guess it's my beautiful daughter Linda who has tempted you, I saw you talking yesterday and ....."

"No"

"Oh ..... Well I think my beautiful daughter Julia will be very happy with ..."

"No"

"No? .... what's the point of this?"

He looked around, his face began shading a dark red, he was angry, angry because I didn't want his beautiful daughters, and they were beautiful, but they were nothing else to me than beautiful pictures on the wall, it was not what I wanted and it was deffinitely not what I needed.

I caught his eyes again and held it with a simple name "Leo" The room stilled.

A few minutes followed but I held on to the king's gaze. I didn't dare move, this was a game, and I was planning on winning.

"Get my boy here," said the king, his face a stone mask.

The room starts moving, but I stay put, my eyes fixed on the king.

After what seems like a lifetime the double doors open and closes, and an light prickly sensation started down my neck, and I knew he was here.

Leo walked slowly into the office and stood next to his father, as i shifted my gaze to him.

"Rex has ...." he changed position in the chair before continuing. Poor chair, it gave out a short helpless squeaking sound. "Rex has reported his interest in one of my children" he swallowed and softly whispered "one of my beautiful children".

I couldn't take my eyes off him. He stood like a statue against his father. Waited, the perfect soldier, waited for what was to come.

"Leo" he stated "He choose you Leo" the room went silent again.

He didn't look at me, didn't even acknowledge that I was present. He took a step back, but still kept eye contact with his father "no" it was hardly a whisper. But I heard it, my heart heard it.

"Let me smell him" I got up from the chair, but waited for the king's order, after all, I was a guest.

"No" Leo's voice was a deep rumble and he finally turned to me, his eyes wide and fierce. "No," he repeated too me.

The king nodded at me, my permision, and my cat purre in delight. I took a few steps towards Leo, but he turned and ran toward the exit.

"Grab him," the king exclaimed, and he immediately had four guards locked around him, keeping him from changing, keeping him from escaping.

I dont know why the king was on my side, helping me. Did he know? Did his animal sense something? Or did he like seeing his son so unhinged? Most likely the king just wanted to laugh in my face. Giving me a hand just to yank it off when things got serious. He was probably never going to let me leave with his son. But he was here now, and I just had to know.

Stuck with strong hands. I saw my opportunity and was next to him in seconds, grabbing a hold of his sweater, bending down slightly to his throat and inhaled the most exotic, animalistic, heavenly smell in the whole damn world. His smell was like a drug to me and I felt his essence sway inward into my core, down to my toes and up to my head and felt my eyes transform into glowing beasts of another world. It was him. A murmur of wonder rose between the men in the room. He was my perfect match.

"Your turn, smell me"

"No," he growled. One of the guards lost his grip and was rewarded with a powerful kick in the ribs. Feisty little fellow.

"If you're a perfect match for him too, you can take him with you" the king's words contained no emotion, only facts, but it didn't matter, I would make him mine. The chances were slim to nothing that i would not be his perfect match aswell, but I guess they needed to double check that this wasn't some weird coincident.

I roared from the top of my lungs and felt the wall shaking. My animal close to the surface I moved fast towards him, in a lightning motion I had stuck him between me and the wall. His face buried deep in my throat "Smell me" I growled. He twisted under me, strugling to be free, but I refused to let him go, he had to catch his breath sometime, he had to let me in soon. I was still high on his scent and even now I felt his essence everywhere.

Suddenly he gasped for air. And the once rabid boy in my arms stod still. I turned to look at him and my heart stopped. Two glowing animal eyes stood in front of me. He was mine.

A right-handed fist hit me unexpectedly over my left cheek, and a familiar sting bubbled over my lip. Leo bolted out of the room in a golden blur. The guards tried to run after.

"Let him be" I called after them "he's mine".

---------------------------------------------------------

"How bad is it?" Rupert kept walking back and forth in our acquaint seating area between our rooms. Kurt and Luke was sprawled on the couch waiting for the ball to drop.

"Come on Rex, talk to us" Luke put down his soda on the table "it can't be worse than when we clipped Brax" A picture of a wolf with mohawk filled my head, and father yelling at me with the scissors on the table in front.

Luke snortet at the memory, but quickly stoped after realising I wasn't joining him, he hesitated before continuing "worse than the car accident?" A picture of me standing in front of an upside down pickup truck being scolded by my father, filled my head. I stayed silent.

"Is it worse than the dynamite incident?" Rupert chimed in still pacing, his inner animal close to the surface.

I kept my head low, not wanting to tell them. My tounge carefully licking the small rift on my bottom lip, the cause of a full investigation by the fox who let nothing slip by him. My right leg was jumping up and down, a nervous twitch I started having when I was a kid getting the talk to by my father. But this was not my father, I could tell them right? - Hey guess what I found my mate, and she is actually a he, insert smiley face. By the way it's the kings one and only son. - Ugh im already getting light headed. Maybe I could just leave out the perfect match thing. Tell them im bringing a friend home, we could just be lovers in our own special buble.

The door abruptly open and Brax came thundering in with a bang. "Your perfect match is the kings son?"

Poff, my imaginary buble came crushing down.

Rupert stops pacing. They all just stood there, stunned. Well at least my leg stopt twitching, as well as my heart.

I just wanted to run away. Switch into my animal form, let my feelings take over and just run from It all. But I couldn't. Instead I let my arms hug me.

It was to quiet. "Please say something" my throat feel raspy dry, I swallowed hard, head still low.

Quiet followed.

Brax broke the silence and grinned "- and you said you didn't like them pretty"