Chapter 23 - What happened pt. 2

Hey guys, it's me. Well, you can go ahead and read the chapter already. No use taking up your time with just a greeting.

You know what, I think it's time for me to confess. Especially with how it's really affecting me at the moment. For now just continue with the chapter.
______________________________________

John POV

~Flashback~

For a few days, all I've ever done was cry on the dirty bed, that I was laying on.

There were pretty much nothing I could do at this point besides that. Everything I do will not be appreciated anyway. So why keep trying?

I don't how long I was laying on the bed and how many times I cried. I've already lost track of that 3 days ago? 4 days ago? Or 6 days ago?

Well, it doesn't really matter anymore. That's all I ever did. I cried and cried until I can't cry no more.

A few more days have passed and I heard something. Something that I haven't heard in a while.

What is it, though? I keep hearing it over and over. It sounds really familiar, but what is it? It's at the tip of my tongue.

I heard it one more time and I finally figured out what it is.

"So that's what it was. I'm hungry." I say nonchalantly.

'Why just now, though? It could've done that in an earlier time. And how am I not dead from hunger?' I thought to myself.

A few seconds have passed and my stomach began grumbling again. I tried to ignore it, but it won't let me.

'*sigh* Guess I have no choice. I need to get some food.' I thought to myself as I sat up from the bed.

I turned myself to the side of the bed and set my feet down onto the floor. The moment I stood up from the bed, I wobbled and fell back down onto the bed.

So I tried to stand up again. I wobbled a bit again, but this time, I didn't fell down. So I began walking slowly, so as to avoid falling onto the floor.

I then reached the door. I opened it and walked outside of the room. I then reached the living room.

I looked around, nothing to find but dust, cobwebs, broken woods, wooden furniture, and so on.

I walked to the kitchen, only to find nothing in there.

'Well, this was pretty much obvious. Especially since this is an abandoned cabin.' I thought.

'Guess I have no choice. I need to go out there.' I thought while looking at the front door.

I then began walking towards it. After I reached it, I grabbed the door knob and opened the door.

The moment I opened the door, I was met with sunlight, which causes me to squint my eyes.

'So bright.' I thought while I raised my hand to shield my eyes.

I then walked out and I was met with the forest all around me. There were trees everywhere. Each direction I look, all I see is trees.

'I don't even know where I am. How can I even get out of this place?' I thought while looking at every direction.

While I was looking around, my eyes landed on a tree, or at least what's hanging on the tree.