Chapter Twenty-Eight

sorry i took awhile to update. i had or still have the biggest mother fucking writers block. also a warning i did a lot of line breaks bc the writers block is real. i already know what i'm going to do for the next two chapters and the epilogue and shit so yeah don't worry. (i say as i worry myself bc the fanfic is ending cri)
__________________________

(here's a long needed pov)

Nathaniel

I walk out of my room right after waking up and instantly got caught by the smell of good food. I walked down stairs and found Ashley cooking something.

"Hey, Ash." I say, she turns to me and smiles.

"Morning, what're you doing up so early?" She asks. "It's just 6 AM."

"Just figured that it would be good to drop off some food at the hospital and do some other stuff so I woke up early." I say and Ashley nods as a response. "I'm going to take a quick shower."

I run back upstairs and took a shower. I never really understood why girls like me. I'm tall and kinda scrawny. What's so attractive about that? I know I wouldn't dig a tall scrawny dude if I were a girl.

I wonder what's bugging Ashley. I realized a lot lately that she's been extremely blunt. She barely shows any emotion and her talking is really monotone. Did something else happen between her and Niall? I'll have to ask her when I get out of this shower.

I know I'm really nosy and it's Ashley's life. But, honestly, she needs me. As smug and boastful as that sounds I know she really genuinely needs me. I've always been the one to guide her through tough times and help her through her drama. I've always been Ashley's go-to person when she needed someone to talk to. I was a lot of people's go-to person which was really difficult because I have my own problems, too. I just shoved them away and acted like I'm always fine because I was everyone's shoulder to lean on and I had to look strong. But the truth is, I'm nowhere near strong.

I finish up showering and I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a sweatshirt. I put on my glasses and walked down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and Ashley handed me a container filled with food.

"This is for dad and mum." She says.

I nod and was about to turn around when she stops me.

"Hold on." I look at her as she hands me another container. "I noticed you haven't been eating much, so I decided to make you some breakfast."

I look inside and smiled. She had made some poached eggs, toast, and sausages. She also put in some baked beans. Just how I liked it.

"Wow, Ashley thanks." I say, smiling genuinely at her and I give her a little hug. Ashley's never that good at expressing how much she loves anybody, but these little things that makes you realize that she actually cares about you.

She smiles at me. "Say hi to mum and dad for me." She says before going back to cooking

"You're not coming?" I ask. I hear Ashley let out a sigh, she smiles at me and shakes her head.

"I just want to finish up packing and make sure the other three are done."

I nod and turned around. I knew it wasn't the only reason, but I didn't want to push her. She would tell me when the time comes. I walk over to the door and slip on my Vans before walking to my car and driving to the hospital. I ate my toast as I drove there. I parked my car and walked over to dad's room. I found mum sitting on a seat next to dad's bed, her head resting on the bed. Dad was just softly running his hand through her hair. Just like everyday that I visit.

"Nathaniel," He says and looks up at me and smiled. "Here for your daily visit?"

"Yup." I walk over to him and hand him the food. "Prepared by your dear daughter."