Chapter Sixteen

Ashley

"I'm moving." Lizzy says.

"WHAT?!" We all shout in unison, turning to her.

We all decided to hang out at Ally's and Emily's after school, I mean, when don't we?

"I'm moving." Lizzy repeats.

"No, you're not." Emily says, grabbing her arm.

"I'm not moving until after summer, calm down." Lizzy laughs.

"But.." Ally pouts.

"But I do the moving-away-thing!" I fake whine.

"I'm just going to be in Ireland." Lizzy says.

"Just Ireland?!" Emily asks "Just?!"

We fell silent for a couple of minutes.

"Guys, I just realized something." Emily says in a horrified voice. "We need Venus."

"No shit!" Lizzy rolls her eyes "We all do."

"No!" Emily snapped "She's stage crew manager, sound manager, and vocal instructor for the play were doing that will be held in, I don't know, a couple of weeks!"

"Shit." Lizzy curses.

"And we need Venus for the choir!" Perrie speaks up. "We have a concert in a few weeks and she's like the bond that keeps us all together."

"Venus can sing?" Liam wonders aloud.

"Hell, yes, she can sing." Perrie nods. "One of the best in our choir."

"And her birthday is in a few days." Harry says under his breath.

"Niall, any reports on Venus?" Ally asks, turning to Niall.

Niall shakes his head no "Looks like she knows a thing or two about hacking too, she's preventing me from finding anything. And I didn't know that was possible."

"I'm going to try a different police station way out of town." Zayn says, standing up. "She couldn't have went to every single police station to tell them not to let us know where she is."

"I'll go with you." I say, standing up with him.

I saw Niall watching Zayn and I walk away by the corner of his eye. We run down the steps and got into his car. He started to drive and I lean my head against the window, listening to the music that was coming from the radio. It starts to pour hard outside and I sigh.

"You wanna know something?" Zayn asks, after a long time of not silence. Probably hours.

"What?" I turn to him.

"Niall actually told me to back off from you because he 'didn't want me to get in the way'." He says, making air quotes with his fingers, chuckling.

I laugh nervously, remembering that night when Zayn kissed me while he was drunk. I was scared to tell him, he had a girlfriend and his best mate likes me. But, I should tell him before he finds it out second hand, that would be horrid. But, I also don't want to ruin our friendship.

"Zayn," I take a deep breath. "I need to tell you something."

"Hold that thought." Zayn says. The car starts to slow down a little bit, it then stops. "Shit!"

"What?" I ask.

"Were out of fucking gas."

"What do you mean we're out of gas?!" I ask, not wanting to believe him in panic.

"We're out of gas, Ashley Johnson. No fuel, we aren't going anywhere." Zayn glances at me.

I rub my hands on the foggy window to look outside, we were sort off in the middle of nowhere. I turn back to Zayn.