Chapter Nineteen

Allison

I wander the crowded halls in the morning, desperate for someone to talk to. I bump into someone and look up, my lips broke into a smile and I tackle Nathaniel with a hug.

"Nathie!" I shout, knowing that it annoys him whenever I call him that.

"Hey, Ally." Nathaniel says half-heartedly, not even bothering to hug me back.

"What's wrong?" I ask, pulling away from him and look up at him.

"It's nothing." He says, shrugging.

"You can't fool me, Nate." I say, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes. "I've pulled that card before."

"It's not a big deal, honestly." He shrug.

"Tell me!" I demand, hitting him on the arm lightly.

"Why?" He whines.

"Just tell me." I snap.

"Ashley went on a date with Niall last night. Jesus Christ, Ally." He groans.

"Awe, you're upset that your twin sister is growing up?" I tease, pinching his cheeks.

"Shut up." Nathaniel groans, swatting my hands away. "I'm just mad that out of all the boys it's Niall. That boy isn't anything but trouble."

We start to silently walk to our class since the bell was about to ring and our class was all the way across the school.

"I heard his older brother is a druggie." I say under my breath.

"I'm sorry what?" Nathaniel asks, stopping in the middle of the hall and looking at me.

"Greg Horan was known for dropping out of high school because he was a drug addict." I reiterate, nodding.

Nathaniel's face scrunched up into a grimace. He then tugs on the straps of his back pack and starts stomping the other way.

"Where are you going?" I shout after him.

"To have a little chat with Ashley." He says back.

I frown and run after him, gripping his arm.

"What?" Nathaniel asks, turning to look at me.

"Let it go, Nate. It's her choice if she gets hurt." I sigh.

"No." Nathaniel says, shrugging me off and walking away and disappeared into the crowd of people.

I sigh and walk to my class and took my seat next to Liam. He starts talking to me about some girl named 'Danielle' and how they've been 'hanging out'.

"Wait, did you say Danielle?" I ask.

"Yes, why?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"The one girl at the police station?"

"Maybe." Liam says quietly.

"She's like 3 years older than you!" I gasp.

"5 actually." Liam corrects.

"That doesn't help at all." I frown.

"Age is just a number."

"Yeah, and jail is just a place." I snap.

"You got that from the internet."

"So?"

"Are you jealous?" He teases.

"No." I blush.

"Okay, whatever helps you sleep at night."

"Shut up."
__________________________