Chapter Nine

Last edited: 4/18/17
__________________________

Venus

I blew raspberries and sighed, staring at my friend, Daniel, beside me. I was currently in language arts class. Usually, this class is fun for me, but I wasn't really feeling it today. I pouted at Daniel, hoping he'd do something to entertain me. Daniel is, like, the comic relief of my school life. When I'm having a stressful day, I know I can look forward to language arts where he would make me smile and laugh and forget all the bad things in the world.

"Take a picture," he spoke up, looking at me in the corner of his eye, "it'll last longer."

"No , thanks, I'd like to keep my camera from shattering," I said back, "your ugliness is not something I'd like to capture in time."

He chuckled and rolled his eyes, "puh-lease, Ve, we all know that I'm the hottest," he joked, bending his elbow to pretend he was flexing.

I put my arm on his bicep, he, instantly, flexed and I repressed a laugh.

He wiggled his eyebrows at me, "I've always known you were attracted to me," he joked. I giggled.

"Except, I have a boyfriend," I said. I didn't want to be that 'I have a boyfriend' girl, but this time it was fine because it was all fun and games.

"He kind of hates me," Daniel said, leaning back on his chair and folding his arms in front of me, "your boyfriend, Dean."

"He doesn't hate you, Danny," I said, resting my head on my backpack that laid on my table, but not breaking eye contact, "he's just salty that you come first alphabetically."

"What?"

"Well, you're D-A and he's D-E."

"Dick... ass and dick... elephant?"

I broke of into fits of laughter, laughing at the dumb boy. We had the weirdest humor. I look over at Dean, who sat a few seats to my right and he was already looking, though he looked a bit pissed. I knit my eyebrows together in confusion and waved at him. He waves back and looks away. I shrug and continued to joke around with Daniel.
__________________________

Ashley

The girls and I were about to go to the mall after school when Liam walks over to us, in [american] football gear.

"Hey, the boys and I are having a football practice and we were wondering if you guys want to stay and watch?" Liam asked, "and we can hang out after school."

We all look at each other, telepathically saying 'I'll go if you go'. Lizzy turns to Liam and nod.

"Sure, right now?" Lizzy asked.

"Yup," Liam smiled, "Just head outside to the football field."

"I didn't know you boys played football," I said, following Liam as we walk towards the field.

He chuckled, "Yeah."

The walk to the football field was pretty short. The girls and I settled a couple rows back in the bleachers.

"So," Venus said, after a couple minutes of silence, "You and Niall, is something happening between you?" She turned to me, wiggling her eyebrows.

"No!" I blushed, getting frustrated with everyone asking me about Niall, "Of course not. What made you think that?"