Chapter Twenty-Nine

Ashley

Nathaniel and I totally forgot half of the responsibilities that our parents gave us and ended up with no sleep. Right now, it's midnight. Nathaniel and I were driving to our aunt's house to leave them with our cars since we can't really bring them overseas. I took our car whilst Nathaniel took mum's. We were racing and I was in a call with him.

"Where the fuck are you?" I hear Nathaniel say. I had my phone connected to the car so I can hear him pretty well.

I look back and saw his car. "Like four cars ahead of you."

"What?!" He exclaims before peaking out his head from his car. He sees me and squints his eyes at me. "You're going down, Ash."

"You wish." I smirk and turn back around.

The stoplight turned green and I stepped on the gas pedal. I turned to the road that Nathaniel and I would always take since there's no stoplights for the next 20 miles. Our aunt lived in Wiltshire. It was just a little town that goes way back and a lot of the houses had thatched roofs, they look like they were the 1400's.

"You are going down Nathaniel Charles Johnson." I say as I sped down the road.

"You wish."

I ultimately beat Nathaniel. We parked our cars and hopped out. We knock on the door and was greeted by our aunt.

"You two grew up so fast." She says, smiling at us. "Are you hungry? I have some left overs from dinner earlier."

"As much as we'd love to stay, we really need to go back. Our flight is at 6 A.M." Nathaniel says. Aunt Zoe frowned and I raise an eyebrow at Nathaniel.

"Slow down there, there's somebody I want to see." I say. Aunt Zoe smiles, she knew exactly who I was talking about.

"He's in his room, I don't think he's asleep yet." She says, stepping aside to let us in. I walked up the stairs and threw the door open.

"Jasper!" I shout. He jumped and look at me, eyes wide open and his mouth agape. Jasper was our cousin and we grew up with him, though he's about two years older.

"Ashley! Nate!" He shouted, putting his video game on pause and standing up. He walked over to us and gave us hugs. "What are you doing here?"

"You heard about dad right?" I ask him, he just nods. "Well, he wants us to come stay with him in America as he recovers. Nate and I are just here to drop of our cars."

Jasper frowns and glares at us. "Of all the times you guys could have visited it's when you're about to leave? You two never change."

"We were handling somethings." Nathaniel says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Like what?" Jasper asks curiously.

"Had a lot of relationship and friend drama, then the thing about dad happened." I explained. Jasper gasps and looks at me in surprise.

"You? Relationship? You're joking."

Jasper knew just about everything about me. Including my rule of no boys rule. I've never had a boyfriend. Ever. So, this must have been shocking news to him.

"Well, they just can't resist this." I say sarcastically, gesturing down my body. Jasper laughed.

"Little Ash-y is growing up." He says before giving me a noogie.

"Let go of me." I groan.

"Yeah, we just stopped by and should be going since our flight is at 6." Nathaniel says, looking at the time on his phone. "It's quarter to 1 and we still need to go back and get things ready."