Chapter Twenty-One

Ashley

"Yes! Come to mine and Ally's quick!" Emily cheers.

"I don't know if I ca-" My phone beeped, indicating that she hung up.

Visit my father and comfort my mother or find my missing friend?

Shit.

I open the door and found dad asleep on the hospital bed. He was extremely pale white, as if all the color has been drained from him and there was a bandage around his head. Mum sat on a chair next to him, holding his hand and rubbing circles onto the back of it and whispering things that were barely audible.

This hurts way too much.

"Nate." I say quietly to Nathaniel.

"What?" He asks, turning to me.

"They found Venus." I say.

"Shit, we have to go meet with the gang." Nathaniel says quickly.

"I agree, but-" I didn't even finish my sentence, gesturing to dad and mum.

"They'll be fine. Dad is alive and mum is okay now, that's all that matters. We can leave and come back." Nathaniel says.

"Fine." I sigh before exiting the room. I felt really bad, but this was also important.

We took a cab to Ally's and Emily's where we found the gang huddle up on a computer. There was also somebody here that we didn't usually hang out with. I couldn't really put my finger what his name is but he had brunette hair and green eyes.

"Who's this guy." Nathaniel asks openly, pointing at the unrecognizable boy.

"I'm Daniel, I helped you guys find Venus." He said plainly, shrugging.

Dean had a permanent frown on his lips and had the meanest glare set on Daniel. I assumed Dean wasn't too fond of Daniel due to a bad past.

"How?!" I exclaimed. It almost seemed impossible.

"Simple, I asked the police." Daniel says nonchalantly.

"We all tried that and they didn't let us, why did they let you, out of all the people, know?" Nathaniel asks, also glaring at Daniel.

"Venus didn't put me in the list that was banned from knowing her location." Daniel says, shrugging. "Hate me cause you ain't me."

"Well, where is she?" I ask.

"Buffalo, Missouri. The United States of America." Ally says, sighing.

"My dad will pay for five people to fly there." Emily says. "And one of them has to be me and Dean."

"I'll go." Harry says. Dean scowls at Harry and Harry just smirked.

"I'll come with, too." I say.

"I'm coming, too, if you're coming, Ash." Nathaniel says.

"It's settled, we're flying in midnight and it's a round trip. We'll be missing school for a couple days." Emily says.

"Fine with me." Dean says.

"Can talk my mum out." I say, shooting Nathaniel a look and he sighed. I always use Nathaniel when it comes to cover up.

Emily nods and takes her phone out, calling her dad and walking away. Nathaniel and I went back to our house to start packing.

"This is a bad idea." I mutter as we walked up the stairs. "Dad is in the hospital and mum's going to need us."

"Calm down, it's just quick trip. We'll be back in no time." Nathaniel says.