Chapter Twenty-Four

Ashley

"Ashley, shut that fucking phone off."

I jolt awake and sat up, I turn to look at Venus who was looking at me with an annoyed look on her face.

"W-What?" I stutter, looking at her completely confused.

"Your God damn phone is vibrating and its fucking irking me." Venus says, rolling her eyes at me before pulling the blanket up to her head.

I looked down at my phone and noticed that I was getting a call from my mum. I hadn't noticed my phone was vibrating until she pointed it out. "Oh, uh, yeah." I mumble.

I stayed at the hospital with Audrey because we thought Venus needed some company. I blankly started at my phone, debating if I should answer or not. Just then, Audrey throws a pillow at me mumbling something about 'Annoying' and 'Fuck'. I dodged it right before it hit my face and I threw it back at her, the pillow bounced off of the back of her head. I giggled as her hair bounced and she groans. I grabbed my phone and walked outside, answering it just before the last ring.

"Hello?" I yawn and stretch a little.

"Hey, Ash. It's mum." I hear her sigh. She sounded really sad and disappointed.

"What's wrong?" I ask, knitting my eyebrows together in concern. I run my hand through my hair and lean against the wall beside the door.

"Your dad has to go back to America when he can move again and he wants us to move there for the time that he's recovering." She says sadly. "I know you don't want to go because you've actually grown into these friends but this is what your father wants and needs."

"Oh, okay." I say quietly. I shut my eyes and and pursue my lips. As much as I want to argue and stay, I kinda owe dad one and I miss him so much. I want to stay here so bad because the people here are so great and I still have to sort my feelings and solve the big jigsaw puzzle that is called love.

"I'm sorry darling, can I talk to your brother?" She asks. I can tell she was unhappy about leaving, too.

"Nathaniel isn't with me at the moment. I'm at the hospital and he's at our friends house." I say. I didn't mean to be rude but I just hung up. I have so much mixed feelings right now and I'm just so overwhelmed.

I shove my phone in the pocket of my pajamas and walk back inside the room. Venus was awake now but Audrey was still asleep. Venus was just messing around with her phone, doing who knows what. I start to pack up my stuff and Venus looked at me puzzled.

"I thought you didn't have to go back to the UK until midnight." She says, locking her phone and putting it down.

"I have to go home and explain some things." I say dejectedly.

"What's wrong babe?" She says. She must've noticed the sad in my voice.

"Besides the fact that you're dying, I have to move again. Only this time I have to move to a different country." I explain.

"Oh, why?" She asks.

"It's a long story, I really gotta go Ve." I say, grabbing all my stuff and walking out of the hospital room. I didn't even bother changing out of my pajama pants and tank top, didn't bother to check how I looked and fix my bed head. I hauled a taxi over and I told the taxi driver the directions to Audrey's and Venus' house. I rubbed underneath my eyes and tried to straighten my hair out then put it up in a pony tail.

I got to their house not too long after and I quickly payed the taxi driver and walking down the driveway. I throw the door open and they all turned to look at me from their seats in the living room, they were watching The Addams Family. Classic.