Chapter Seven

Last edited: 4/17/17
__________________________

Ashley

I squint as the light from the windows blinded me. I sat up in my bed and checked the time, 11 am, I groan and slump my head against my pillow. I didn't get back home from Zayn's until 3 in the morning. Niall was acting weird last night, he wouldn't even look at me or talk to me, so I just did the same. I wonder what was wrong. I stretched and walked downstairs, I grab a bag of potato chips from the kitchen and sat next to my little brother, Cameron, who was watching something on TV.

"You're finally up," Cameron said, looking at me, "Your face looks ugly and your hair looks like a bird's nest."

"Thanks," I mutter, "So how's school?"

"Fine," He answers, "You sound like my mother."

"Do I seriously look like I'm in my late 30's?" I glare at him.

He stuck his tongue out at me and grabbed my bag of potato chips and ran upstairs. That little twerp. I grab my phone and text Zayn.

'Hey. I'm bored(:'

I press send and put my phone in my pocket. I walked upstairs to Nathaniel's room and knocked on the door, loudly and obnoxiously. After a couple of seconds of waiting, I opened the door and found his room empty. I knit my eyebrows together in confusion. My phone vibrates and I take it out of my pocket, I unlocked my phone and read the text.

Probably Your Best Friend:
'Aw, that's sucks'

I giggle at the name Zayn gave himself. He must've changed it while he had my phone.

'Last nite was fun, but I'm so knackered!:('

I go to text my brother

'Where the heck is ur bum at?'

Nate:
'At Ally's, just chilling.'

My jaw drops. This could only mean one thing.

'Just chilling huh? R u sure?(;'

I press send and not even a minute later he replied

Nate:
'Positive, want me to pick u up?'

'Uh, sure.'

I send my text and scurry to my room, tossing my phone in my bed. I hop into the shower and contemplated about last night. I wonder why Niall acted so weird last night, was it something I did or say? Well, I did lie about nothing happening but..

I turn off the tap and stepped out of the shower, the cold air hitting me. I hide back into the shower, why does this always happen? I reach my arm out and wrapped a towel around me and stepped back outside. My phone rings and I look at the text message.

Probably Your Best Friend:
'So am I, I think I'm going back to sleep.'

'Well ok, if u do, good night!'

I send my text and walk into my bedroom and put on a plain gray crew neck and shorts, I put on some mascara and looked at myself in the mirror and decided I looked at the least fine. I walked downstairs and grabbed a can of Doctor Pepper, I pop it open and took a sip. I walk, impatiently, around the house, scrolling through instagram.

Nathaniel walks through the front door and signals me to follow him. I smile and follow him, hopping in the car and locking the door. He starts to drive towards Ally's and Emily's apartment.

"So," I said, trying to start a conversation, "When are you going to ask Ally to go steady?"

He made a weird sound and started to gag, "Are you okay?" I ask, laughing a bit.