Chapter 1

"Miss Delaney?"

Anastasia looked up to meet Professor Dumbledore's eyes, unaware she had slipped off into her imagination again. She looked down to see a puffskein peering up at her. She muttered the transfiguration incantation with a bored expression on her face and the puffskein turned into a cloudy, glass paperweight. Anastasia lazily lifted her eyes to look at the professor, earning a small nod before he continued walking around the class.

"You said we were going to learn interesting transfigurations this year Tom." Anastasia moaned, looking to her left.

"All things in time." Tom continued writing in his notebook without even looking at her.

"It's still the first week, we could change to-"

"Excuse me?" Tom twisted his neck upwards, his stare sharp as a blade. Anastasia looked into his eyes. She was always taken aback when his gaze touched her.

"I'm just saying I don't think this is very helpful." She felt a stinging in her wrist and looked down see Tom's large hand turning white as he gripped her hard.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you questioning my decision for us to take this class?" He bobbed his head down to reconnect their eyes. His stare was warning her to drop it, but the closer she had got to Tom the more she allowed herself to push him.

"No you are correct Mr Riddle. I am questioning your decision." She smiled sweetly through gritted teeth. He yanked her wrist down suddenly forcing her face to land just below his shoulder. Tom whispered down to her.

"I want to take this class, so you're taking this class because you go wherever I go. Understood?" He smelt like parchment and old books. She nodded into his chest. He released his grip and she sat back up, looking around to see who had seen their interaction. She saw some Ravenclaw girls stare at her in shock. She shot them a sly smile.

As Anastasia collected her books to leave she felt Tom lean down towards her.

"You're going to pay for that little scene you caused." Tom hissed into her ear, his voice rough and monotone. Before she could respond he was walking towards the door. She watched him stop in the doorway, marvelling at his shoulders and the way his hands gripped his books.

"Come on." He stood waiting for her to pack up her things. She smiled, turning to grab her books before jogging over to him.