Chapter 35

Anastasia waited for Draco in the room of requirement before leaving for Christmas break. She had managed to subtly persuade Harry to invite her wherever her was going for the holidays, as she now felt she couldn't let him too far out of her sight in case he uncovered things she didn't want him to. She heard the door begin to appear and stood up. Draco's face immediately dropped as he saw her, but before he could shout at her she raised her hand in the way Tom always would.

"I'm not here to interfere with your task." She stated just as she had practiced in the mirror the night before. "But we need to talk." Draco slowly nodded, closing the door behind him.

"You have one minute."

"Are you working for Voldemort? Trust me, I won't judge you." She took a step forward. "But if you are I want you to ask him something." Draco took a deep inhale before also taking a step forward.

"Why on earth would I trouble Lord Voldemort with a question from... you." Anastasia looked up at his condescending glare.

"Because if you ask him and he has no idea what you are talking about it will be irrelevant and no strike on your record, but if he does know something then you will most definitely be rewarded." Draco took a moment to think, but the idea of bringing information to Voldemort, considering his current situation, was too tempting.

"What's the question." He whispered so quietly she hardly heard it. Anastasia took one more step, so close their chests nearly touched.

"Ask him what happened to Anastasia Delaney? " Anastasia whispered, making Draco furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"Your aunt?" Anastasia nodded, feeling a heightened sense of fear and relief. With that she turned to leave Draco to fulfil his business.

As she boarded the Hogwarts Express Daphne sat with her alongside Harry and his friends. Seamus sat with them next to a girl called Luna who Anastasia had heard much about but hadn't really had the chance to meet. Anastasia smiled at the chitter chatter, and the occasional looks across the compartment that Daphne shot in Seamus' direction. As they arrived in London Harry watched Ava hug Daphne goodbye and meet Ron's mum with a weird sensation of happiness. She looked awkward and polite, so different to her usual, slightly moody, self. Once they arrived to the Burrow Anastasia admired the oddly shaped house. She had known the Weasley's to be pure-blood, so this was not what she had expected at all. Harry, Hermione and Ron seemed to glow in this environment, all running into the house excitedly. Molly Weasley put her arm warmly around Anastasia.

"Welcome to our home dear." Anastasia smiled at the loving woman as they walked in. She admired all the dishes cleaning themselves, the mis-matched furniture and the pile of knitting in the corner. She had never felt more comfortable walking into someone's house, and she felt a strange pleasure in the fact that in this future there were families like the Weasley's.

"You're home is wonderful Mrs Weasley." Anastasia beamed, saying that sentence with meaning for the first time.

"Oh thank you dear, please call me Molly. We love having friends here for the holidays, so please feel at home!" Suddenly she heard loud noises coming down the stairs and two very large ginger boys flew into the kitchen.

"About time!" The twins shouted in unison before going around hugging everyone. Anastasia could tell by the red hair they must be Ron's older brothers.

"And who's this then?" One turned their attention to Anastasia.

"This is my friend Anastasia Marlowe." Harry introduced her awkwardly.

"A friend hey? Nice to meet you young lady. The name's Fred." The tall boy leaned down to give her a hug, when suddenly the next one appeared behind him pushing Fred out the way.

"And I'm George." He smiled. Anastasia laughed.

"Lovely to meet you both." She smiled sweetly, enjoying this new atmosphere.

"Right well Ron and Ginny why don't you take everyone upstairs and get them settled and I'll get started on dinner! Everyone else will be here soon!" Molly shouted clapping her hands. Ginny showed the girls to her room, and Anastasia lay her stuff on the mattress set up for her. As Ginny and Hermione began chatting Anastasia snuck out to find Harry standing outside her door. They walked outside, and Anastasia felt a terrible urge to tell him what she had told Draco to do. She knew it put her, and everyone around her, in a lot of danger, as if Voldemort really was the reason she had travelled through time once he realised she was here he would surely come looking for her. What if she was just a part of a larger, more destructive plan. She needed to know what had happened to her, but she was starting to care for those around her.

"I'm so happy you're here Ana." The pair sat down on the grass, and Anastasia looked out to the fields that lay out in front of them.

"Me too actually." She turned to smile at him. "Thank you for asking if I could join. I almost feel guilty being here, they're so..."

"Eccentric?" Harry laughed.

"Wholesome." Anastasia corrected.

"You already seem different here. Seeing someone in a new setting can really change the way you view them." Harry's blue eyes glistened in the orange glow of the setting sun.

"You seem different here too." She smiled. "More at ease." Harry leaned over and nervously moved her blonde locks from cover her face, tucking them behind her ear.

"Well just wait, my godfather's joining later and he definitely brings out a side of me you haven't seen before."