Chapter 17

"Anastasia?" She awoke from her daydream to see the Hermione girl standing in front of her. She looked around, forgetting for a moment she was in the library. "Are you alright?" The girl asked.

"Yes, sorry I was just..." Anastasia had been thinking about what Tom had said after the first time he kissed her. That Christmas at the Avery Manor seemed so long ago now. "I was just thinking." Hermione slowly sat down opposite her.

"Well, Harry told me you needed some books on time travel. I brought you this." Hermione placed a book down in front of her and Anastasia began flipping through it.

"This is a book about enchanted objects?"

"Yes, on page 180 theres a section on time turners and other objects that relate to timing." Anastasia opened up the pages, and realised what Hermione was referring to. These objects could take you forward or backwards in hours, she needed to go back 53 years. Hermione could tell Anastasia was disappointed.

"Was this not what you were interested in?"

"No this is great, thank you for going through the trouble." Anastasia shut the book and put it in her bag. "Really thank you, sorry I have to get going..." Anastasia started to get up.

"You say that an awful lot you know." Hermione stated. Anastasia stared at her. She was so different to the girls she was used to, she almost recognised herself in her.

"Really? I'm sorry I just..."

"Anastasia!" They both turned to see Daphne running towards them, Anastasia released a relieved sigh.

"Hey I've been looking for you everywhere! We're all going to get some drinks I want you to come." Daphne grabbed Anastasia's hand to take her away before she noticed Hermione. "Oh Hermione I didn't see you there, sorry! Would you like to join?" The edges of Anastasia's lips curled up slightly, she was starting to love Daphne's carefree nature.

"Oh well... um... I don't think your friends would really like me joining in." Hermione stood up awkwardly. "Anyway I have to get back to Ron and Harry." Anastasia shot a glance at Daphne who shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe next time." Daphne smiled, pulling Anastasia away. As Anastasia aimlessly followed she began to wonder why Hermione had even tried to help her. Harry had followed through with his word to speak to Hermione for her, making Anastasia wonder how useful he could be.

"We're here!" Anastasia saw a small tent just beyond Hagid's house, by the forbidden forest.

"Daphne why would we go camping when we have actual beds?"

"Camping?" Daphne laughed. "Who said anything about camping?" As Anastasia followed Daphne in, the tent opened and expanded around her. It was full of fairy lights, with a roaring fire pit in the middle surrounded by plush sofas. Daphne ran over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of elderflower wine.

"Come on!" Daphne laughed, handing Anastasia a glass and taking a seat. Anastasia slowly sat down next to her, still admiring the tent.

"Nice of you ladies to join us." Blaise smirked.

"Sorry had to drag this one out of the library. What did we miss?" Daphne poured the wine.

"We were actually discussing Anastasia." Pansy smiled, everyone's eyes turning to Anastasia. "None of us know anything about you."

"Fucks sake Pansy-"

"No it's alright." Anastasia interrupted Daphne. "What would you like to know?" Anastasia looked around the group.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Blaise grinned. Anastasia thought for a moment.

"No. I did, sort of but..." She looked into her lap, and took a large swig of wine before returning her eyes to the group. "he's gone."

"What? Like he's dead or something?" Pansy sat on the arm of Draco's armchair, her hand in his hair. Anastasia saw Draco turn his attention to her, awaiting an answer to Pansy's question. It was the first time he seemed interested in the conversation.

"Well he's not alive." Anastasia glared. Everyone went silent, sipping on their drinks as they awkwardly averted their eyes from Anastasia.

"Was he a mudblood too?" She heard Draco hiss.

"Excuse me?" Anastasia's face went cold.

"I've seen you talking to that filthy little mudblood Granger and bloody Potter. I'm just wondering if those are the kinds of people you're used to being around." The heat of the fire and Draco's stare set Anastasia's cheeks alight.

"I'll have you know that Tom..." She took a deep breath, relentlessly trying to control her anger and quieten her voice from screaming. "Tom was a more talented wizard than all of you combined. He could have destroyed you and your ego without even thinking about it, he would hardly have to raise his wand." Anastasia stated so pointedly it was as if knives had exited her mouth and flown towards Draco. "And beyond that, only a fool wouldn't acknowledge the fact that Miss Granger is clearly more intelligent than all of us, academically speaking, and to underestimate her due to the unimportant fact of bloodline is not only naive but outright ignorant." Anastasia looked back to her wine and finished the glass, tilting the empty cup for Daphne to fill up. Draco shot to his feet, nearly causing Pansy to fall onto her face.

"I don't have time for this." He muttered through gritted teeth before storming out of the tent with Pansy running after him. For a moment there she had seen an element of Tom in him, but his reaction proved otherwise. Tom was smart enough to acknowledge such truths, as you must if you wish to be a leader. He was a spoilt daddy's boy, like so many other purebloods she had had to endure before.