Finale

Anastasia looked around at the same room. Her mind and body were almost numb from exhaustion. She was about to slump onto the floor when she suddenly heard voices coming from somewhere close. She took a step forward when suddenly a boy ran around one of the pillars of clutter and stopped right in front of her. He looked at her in confusion, but before he could say anything he was followed by another boy, and then another and then finally another. The four stared at her wide-eyed. Anastasia stared back, knowing she must look quite frightening at that moment. She looked at their clothing, trying to piece together what time she had thrown herself into.

"Who are you?" The first boy asked quietly. The third boy with sandy brown hair shook his head slightly and pushed past the first two boys, but his sudden movement made Anastasia jump. The boy stopped dead in his tracks and held his arms up. His eyes were soft, and he looked at her as if she were some wild, scared animal.

"Are you ok?" He asked gently. Anastasia nodded silently before exhaling. She was going to have to do this all over again until she decided her next move. She clutched the charm tightly in her hand.

"Sorry... I was just... looking for something." She muttered. The second boy with dark hair looked down at her closed fist.

"Looks like you found it then." He stated, looking her up and down cautiously.

"This room has a tendency to give you what you need when you need it." The first boy smiled. Anastasia watched the curve of his lips. She knew that smile.

"What are your names?" She asked. The boys all looked around at each other.

"Well, I'm James. This is Remus, this is Sirius and that back there is Peter." Anastasia's eyes scanned over the boys. Her eyes landed on the second boy, Sirius. Her throat tightened. She saw it now. Both Sirius and Remus suddenly looked exactly the same and she wondered how she didn't see it immediately. Her gaze then settled upon the first boy, and her heart pounded. James Potter. It had to be. His floppy hair and cheeky grin. Anastasia swallowed hard, trying to keep her emotions at bay. All she had wanted to do was run away and hide, but here she was, still a part of the same twisted story-line. She couldn't escape it. She couldn't escape Him.

"And, who are you?" James asked, taking a wary step forward. Anastasia took a deep breath in. She had left Harry to change history, maybe this was her chance. Maybe the charm took her here because this is where she needed to be. Maybe she still had a chance to change her narrative. She exhaled gently, looking back up to meet the boys' eyes'. A smile formed across her lips. Maybe it wasn't she who couldn't escape Tom, but rather Tom who couldn't escape her.

"Anastasia Marlowe. I'm new, today's my first day." 

-----

A/N

Thank you to anyone who read this whole thing to the end!! I'm sorry it ended up being so long, I just really enjoyed writing it! Thinking of making a sequel, so let me know if anyone would be interested in taking this story to the marauders era, thinking a Regulus Black romance could be a lil fun :)

Hope you enjoyed!!

<3 <3 <3

-----

Edit: THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO READ THE WHOLE THING!!! Honestly can't believe people actually read this so thank you and love love love you all. I am thinking of re-writing/editing this at some point as I recently re-read and realised quite a few things I would like to change, so if anyone has recs for changing please comment always down for new ideas!

For anyone who was interested in a sequel I have started uploading it called 'Everything In Between' I think it may be slightly darker than this one so would love to hear what you guys think!