chpt. 1

Reader's Pov (F/N)

               I had never been a morning person, even before I joined the survey corps. Before everything went to shit. My life was so good. I had a family, I had friends. Shiganshina was my home town, before the Titans attacked. I was just a child, only 12 years young when they struck. My mother didn't survive. My father left the town when I was 5 for an "experiment" outside of the walls. Bullshit. I knew that he was just disappointed in having a scrawny daughter instead of the brave son he's always wanted. Luckily, my friends, Mikasa, Eren, and Armin survived the Titan attack. We grew up in the town together, always wanting to explore the outside of the walls. We are now in the survey corps together, all in the top 10 of the class.

The sound of my alarm clock drowned my ears as I rubbed my eyes and slammed my hand down on my side table to turn off the dreadful noise.
6 am.

"Jesus." I thought to myself. "It is really too goddamn early."

I stretched and made my way out of my warm blankets. I opened my curtains to have the blinding sunlight spilling through the windows. I reached for my dresser, pulled out my uniform today, and placed it on my bed. I went to the bathroom and turned the shower on. After my warm shower, I put my uniform on, and walked out of my room.

"Same thing. Every single day. Nothing is ever different around here. Is anything ever going to change?" I whispered to myself.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I seen Captain Levi, walking out of his room, looking tired and cranky as ever.

I walked a little faster.

I've always thought he was an attractive guy, even for his height. Good thing I'm still shorter. But I didn't want to get on his bad side. Ever.

With all of this going through my head, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. All of a sudden, I felt something hit my shoulder and I fell to the ground.

"What the fuck."

"O-Oh I-I am so sorry Captain I wasn't paying attention!" At this point, I was honestly scared for my life.

"Cadet L/N. Good morning. You will be running 40 laps after your training today, maybe that will help with your short attention span. What's on your dumb ass mind anyway?"

"Yes Captain." I got up and looked at him. His hair fell in front of eyes, but you could still see him glaring at me.

"I SAID, what is on your dumb ass mind to the point where you can't even walk right?"

"I'm sorry Corporal. I've just been thinking about my family."

That was such bullshit. I was thinking about him.

"Well, that's too fucking bad. I'll be expecting those 40 laps." He said, walking away with the same, cold look on his face.

"Shit shit shit shit shit ..." I thought to myself. "You just ruined so much. You know you've had a thing for him a while, and now you know for SURE that he won't give you the time of day. Ever."

I walked into the cafeteria to see Mikasa, Eren, Armin, Jean, Connie, and Sasha all staring at
me like I had a knife in my chest.

"F/N, what the hell just happened back there?" asked Eren.

"Yeah, he looked like he was about to assassinate you  in that very moment!" shouted Sasha, while shoving a potato in her mouth.

"Yeah not gonna lie, I was a little worried for my life back there," I giggled, "But when he looked down at me like that, I could tell it didn't bother him that much."

"Honestly, I bet that's the most human touch he's every gotten in years!" laughed Connie, elbowing Jean. "I bet he enjoyed it."

Jean was too busy staring at Mikasa to even comprehend what was going on. But Mikasa was staring at Levi, sitting at the table next to us. Not staring, but glaring. You could tell she hates him with everything in her.

"F/N, I hope you know that if he ever lays a hand on you I will slice it off. I've hated him since we've gotten here. Especially if he's messing with my friends." Mikasa exclaimed.

"Mikasa, thank you, but I don't think short stuff has the guts to actually do anything worth slicing his hand off for." I smirked. She has always had my back, even back in Shiganshina.

                                                -
All squads went outside to train after we finished breakfast. I was NOT thrilled about these 40 laps I had to run. But I knew that Levi was going to be watching. It seems like he always is.

(cut to running the laps.)

I was in the middle of my laps, around lap 23, when I saw Levi walking over to the tree I was coming up on. Then, he just walked right in front of me. I was completely freaking out. What was he doing? Why am I blushing? What the hell is going through my head right now?! Focus!! All of a sudden, I stopped clear in my tracks, causing me to fall.

He laughed. "Cadet L/N, why are you always falling when you see me?"