chpt. 17

IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SAD

reader's pov :)

Waking up to no alarm was the best feeling ever, especially waking up to Levi laying next to me. Dim light was peeking through the shades on his dark room. I could hear the light chatter of the fellow cadets in the cafeteria as I peeked my eyes open to look around the room.

Today was a the last day off from training before the expedition to take back Wall Maria in a week. So I tired my best to continue to sleep, knowing that Levi wouldn't be waking up for a while. It is so nice to know he can finally sleep normally, in his bed. He used to stay up all night, finishing paperwork or just sitting in his chair, occasionally closing his eyes for an hour nap. I'm so glad he can finally rest, after everything he's been through.

I laid there for about an hour with my eyes shut until I couldn't anymore, I had just gotten too bored and I couldn't fall back asleep. My stomach was rumbling and screaming for food. I turned over to look at the clock;

9:47 am

Dang, we missed breakfast. Maybe a cup of tea will hold me off until lunch.

I lifted the covers off me and slowly lifted Levi's arm off of my waist. I cautiously scooted off the edge of the bed, and tip toed over water-heater, grabbing 2 teacups off of the table next to it. I tried my best to quietly pour the hot water in the cups, placing the teabags in them afterward. I didn't bother turning around to see if Levi was still sleeping, because I figured that he's a pretty deep sleeper.

As I let out a big yawn, I stretched my arms over my head, exposing my torso to the light breeze flowing through the dim-lighted room. All of a sudden I felt 2 warm hands slide around my waist.

"Fuck! Levi!" I screamed, almost tipping over one of the teacups. "You scared the hell out of me!"

"I'm sorry baby, you just looked so cold over here" Levi said, squeezing me from behind and laying his head on my shoulder.

"I made some tea for you" I said, turning around to face him. He took the cup from me and kissed my cheek.

"You know me too well" He said, walking toward the table.

The thing is, I really don't. I've learned a lot about him, especially from just heading what others have said. And he's told me quite a lot, but not enough. I want to know more.

"Do I though?" I asked, sitting down in the chair, sipping my tea.

He raised his eyebrows and sipped his own tea. "Well, what else do you want to know?"

"Before the Survey Corps... what did you do? Where did you live?"

His face immediately saddened, his eyes shutting as he set his tea down. "I lived in this place called the underground. It is a large town that is located under the grounds of Wall Sina. It may sound like a luxury, being able to stay away from the titans that roam the walls above, but it is nothing of the sort" He sighed, laying his hand on his chin.

"My mother died a few years after I was born. I was taken in by this scumbag named Kenny the Ripper. As the name suggests, not the best guy. Taught me all I know though. He left me as well, at a super young age. I eventually met... Farlan... and then Isabel..." His words began to slow, his eyes beginning to water. "They were the first friends I had. The only friends I had in the underground. We were troublemakers down there, until Commander Erwin came and forced us to join the Survey Corps" He chuckled. "The bastard's lucky he caught me."

Levi stood up from his chair and began to slowly pace around the room. "So... On one of our expeditions... There was an abnormal titan. We were trained with ODM gear, and we were trained for killing. But..." He reached the bed and sat down. Isabel and Farlan died in that expedition."

My face went blank as tears began flowing down Levi's face.

"Levi... don't cry. Oh, please don't cry." I said, standing up and walking over to him.

Sitting down next to him, I wrapped my arms around him, and he wrapped his around me, laying his head down on my shoulder.

"F/N, you can't leave me. Please, please, you can't leave me" He sobbed.

"I'm not going to leave you Levi, ever. I'm always going to be with you, I promise." I said, rubbing his arm.

"I've just lost so much, and if I loose you too, I don't know what I'd do" He sniffled, looking up at me.

I wiped the tears from under his eyes, as I felt tears flowing out of my own eyes.

We really do understand each other.

"Levi, I'm not going anywhere" placing both of my hands on the sides of his face. "You better not leave me either, you promise?" I said, knowing deep inside I've felt the same pain that he's felt.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest, laying back down on the bed.

"I promise."

-

After what happened that morning, Levi and I had been pretty inseparable ever since. Each time we'd see each other during the day, we'd try our hardest to be next to each other, to show some kind of admiration, no matter how small or big.

That night at dinner, I sat with my friends and Levi sat at his usual table. I had missed them a lot lately, they always seem to make me crack up. But while I was eating, I seen Annie sitting at a table across the room by herself.

"Hey guys, I'll be right back" I said, standing up and walking her way.

"Are you done with your bread???" yelled Sasha as I walked away. "Eh, I'll eat it anyway."

As I approached Annie, her expression seemed very stressed and confused.

"Hey, Annie"

Her head shot up, tears flowing down her face. She quickly wiped them off with her sleeve, pretending like she wasn't upset.

"Oh, hey F/N."

"What's up? Why aren't you sitting at your normal table with Reiner and Bertholt?"

Her expression saddened again, as she placed her chin on her hand.

"Oh, I'm just, uh, I..." She stuttered, almost as if she was panicking. "I- I got news that my town was destroyed by titans" she said, her eyes widening.

Why the hell does she look like she was trying to come up with something to say? And why the hell would she say something like that to cover up something else? That would be so fucked up if it wasn't true...

"Oh Annie! I'm so sorry!" I said as I walked to go give her a hug, but she stood up.

"I've uh, I got to go. Nice seeing you, F/N" She smiled, as she walked back toward the rooms.

Okay what the hell was all of that?