chpt. 18

hey!! thank you guys sm for almost 3k reads!! it makes me so happy to see everyone enjoying my story. i'm sorry for the flaky updates, but school, softball, and work are all weighing me down lately. i will update when i can :)

readers pov!!
The day before the expedition. The one everyone had been talking about. The one to take back Wall Maria. On days like these, everyone was quiet. You could tell when a person was nervous around here, and today, it seemed like everyone was this way. Especially with the way Annie acted earlier this morning...

I, for one, was a little bit too excited about the journey to Wall Maria. I was just so ecstatic to get back into doing what I love, fighting these ugly beasts and swooping through the trees and the buildings, wind blowing around my face. I've just missed all of it.

Now that Levi and I are together, things feel a bit different. Usually on the day before expedition days, I'd prep myself alone... Like I'd give myself a little pep talk and tell myself that I'm not alone, that someone will most likely be there for me if something happens.

And now, I can tell myself that someone will most definitely be there. Levi is not one to let someone he cares about leave him that easily. Therefore, I feel much safer.

-

Once everyone had left the lunch room, we went back to our quarters for a little while until dinner. I met up with Levi in the doorway in the cafeteria after finishing up eating with my friends. Once I reached him, I felt his warm hand wrap around my waist.

"Levi, careful, someone is going to see!" I whispered.

"Oh well" He said as we began to walk to his room. No one was really out anyway, since they were probably all in their rooms, prepping for tomorrow's expedition.

Once we reached his room, we turned around to see Annie walking back into the cafeteria.

"Something is going on with her Levi" I said as he opened the door, letting me walk in. "She is so sketchy lately."

"Maybe she's just nervous. Or she's just being a lazy brat like she always is and is not wanting on this expedition. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't see her out there tomorrow."

"Harsh" I said as I smacked his arm. He glared at me and closed the door.

I walked over to the table and sat down at the chair. I felt super tired all of a sudden, so I laid my head down on the table.

As Levi was making some tea, he turned around and looked at me. "What's wrong Y/N?" He asked as he approached me. He set a teacup down in front of me and sat in the couch.

"I'm just suddenly feeling tired. I think this getting straight back into training shit is really warring me out" I said as I lifted my head back up. Looking at Levi, his hand was patting his lap, indicating he wanted me to come sit with him.

"Come here. Let's take a nap"

"Do we even have time for-"

"I said come here Y/N. We have all the time in the world."

I finally agreed and walked over to the couch. Levi took his shoes off and put his feet up on the couch, and leaned his back against the arm, opening his legs for a place for me to sit. I grabbed a blanket out of the closet and sat where he intended me to. I sprawled out the blanket on top of us, and turned to my side, and leaned onto Levi's chest.

Levi then leaned down and kissed me on the head. He wrapped his arms around me and closed his eyes.
This made me feel so, incredibly safe. I almost fell asleep instantly.

Hanji's POV!! (suprise ;))

I knew that today would be such a a stressful day for everyone, so I wanted to pre-prepare everybody's equipment so that way we didn't have to worry about faulty ones tomorrow. Going through the ODM gear, I noticed that one of them was missing.

Hmm. Where could it have gone... Did someone steal it? I should probably go talk to Erwin.

Walking over to Erwin's office, I noticed that there was almost nobody in the halls... except for Annie Leonhart. Although it looked as if she was only getting some water from the cafeteria, she still looked different today.

I arrived at Erwin's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

"Hello Commander Erwin, I came to tell you that there is ODM gear missing from the others. I counted over them numerous times sir."

"Hmm..." Erwin said, scratching his head. "Go ask Captain Levi. If he doesn't know, I will just contact the Military Police and have someone retrieve another one, if we can't find it of course."

"Yes sir!" I said as I walked out of his office and around the corner, to Levi's room.

I knocked on the door... No answer.

"Captain Levi!!! It's Hanji!!!" I yelled, but still, no answer. "You can't be sleeping, right? I'm coming in!" I said as I cracked the door open.

I peeked my head inside to find Captain Levi, sleeping on the couch with wha-

F/N L/N???? I KNEW IT!

My heart skipped a beat, knowing that Levi finally has someone to care for him, and knowing that he actually has emotions... WHAT?!?

As I internally screamed, I quietly closed the door to make sure I didn't wake them up. I skipped my way back toward the room with the ODM gear, almost forgetting what I was doing in the first place, just because of the pure joy rushing through me.

Reader's POV :)
I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room. I focused my eyes on the clock...

4:44 pm.

Dang, we slept that long?

I turned my head to Levi, who was still sound asleep. I reached up and kissed him on the cheek, then got comfortable again.

A few minutes later, Levi opened his eyes as well.

"Mmm, what time is it?" He groaned, stretching his arms up.

"4:52" I said, looking up at him.

"Just in time for dinner" he smiled, wrapping his arms and squeezing me tight. "Even though I really don't feel like getting up."

"Well if we sleep too much now, we won't get any sleep tonight" I yawned.

"Well... we may not be getting much sleep anyway..." He smirked, grabbing my chin. "If you... know what I mean" He said as he leaned in and kissed me.

My cheeks got red as I kissed him back.

"I might have to take you up on that."