chpt. 6

readers pov!

I turned around to see Levi waiting for me to walk toward his table.

My friends at the table I was about to sit at all looked at me and almost looked like they were absolutely terrified.

"F/N, what did he just say?" Eren said.

"I... I gotta go." I said, walking toward Levi.

I sat down at the seat across from Levi. It was him and I until Hange came and sat next to me.

"F/N!!! Hi! Why are you sitting here? I mean it's great but, you always sit with your friends..."

I looked at her and made a gesture with my eyes toward Levi.

"OOOOHHHHHH short stuff invited you over here?" I didn't want Hange to scream this stuff, I still don't know why Levi wants me to sit there anyway.

"I KNEW SOMETHING WAS HAPPENING BETWEEN YOU TWO!!!" Hange yelled.

"Four eyes, shut up. Your voice is giving me a headache. Bad enough I have to be on this expedition with you." Levi shot back.

At this point my face was beat red. I just kept my head down. I wasn't really hungry this morning anyway.

Once everyone else was done eating, we went out to the training area outside to discuss the groups for the expedition.

"Since this isn't a big expedition, we only need 5 groups today. Hange, you will lead group one. Levi, two, Nanaba, three, Shadis, four, and myself will lead group 5." Commander Erwin yelled.

"In Hange's group; Armin Artlet, Sasha Blouse, Connie Springer, Jean Kirstein, Annie Leonhart, and Christa Lenz. You will be approaching from the East."

Hmm. Those are like almost all of my friends. And I wanted to be in Hange's squad for this.

"In Levi's group; Mikasa Ackerman, Eren Yaeger, Ymir, Petra Ral, Bertholt Hoover, F/N, ..."

WHAT

The one group I was afraid of being in. I didn't want my feelings to get in the way of my ability to perform.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Levi looking at me, almost smirking. He never smiles. Ever.

Finally, Commander Erwin finished assigning squads, and we went to the stables to get the horses. We all lined up at the opening of two hills guarding HQ.

"Alright Cadets, you know the drill. If you see a titan coming within a certain radius of HQ, kill it. If you don't see any, anywhere, retreat. Cadets, move out!"

My squad and I followed Captain Levi out of the area  and headed North  while the other groups split up.

"So, I heard you and the Captain have been hanging out quite a bit F/N." Eren said while riding his horse next to mine.

"That is true but nothing bad is going on between us. I swear. It's usually just about me slacking off in training or something like that." I said.

"Yeah that also may be true but we all see the way you look at him. And the way he looks at you. It is very obvious." Mikasa said as she caught up to the other side of me.

My cheeks got red as I looked up and saw Captain Levi riding in front of all of us. In that moment, it's like he knew we were talking about him. Or that I was thinking about him. Because he quickly jerked his head and looked right at me.

I put my head back down and continued to ride. All of a sudden, we hear a shot go off.

"Black smoke!! There's a abnormal titan approaching from the East! Signal your flare Cadet L/N!" Petra shouted.

I lifted the signal flare up into the sky and shot.

All of a sudden, a titan bursts from the tree line.

"Cadets, change direction!" Captain Levi shouted. "Head for the forest!"

The abnormal was catching up to us fast. We finally reached the tree line when the abnormal tried to swipe at us.

Riding through the forest, the 10 meter titan was right on us.

I looked at Mikasa. Mikasa is usually the one to be confident in these situations, the one to know exactly what to do even if told not to do so. At that moment, she looked completely clueless.

I then looked at Eren. At this point everyone was already comfortable being around Eren with his switching ability. But even looking at him, a titan switched himself, he had a terrified look in eyes. I saw him look up, and then look at me.

And then in a blink of an eye, I was picked up off my horse and thrown onto a large branch of a tree.