chpt. 3

Reader's Pov :)

I was shocked to see him just sitting there in the ground, so calm and collected. He looked like he might not give me a lecture or something, but I wasn't entirely sure at this point.

"Captain, what is-"

"I said sit, F/N."

He's never called me by my first name before. What is going on right now.

I sat down in front of him and he pushed a teacup in front of me and poured the hot tea from the kettle.

"So, is there something you need to tell me?" he asked.

I could feel myself blushing. And I don't think it was the fact that I've had a thing for him, but I think it's because I have to talk to him or make something up completely.

"No Captain Ackerman, I don't believe so."

"You can call me Levi in private. But, there is obviously something going on. Is it a cadet? Is it Eren? Jean? Did someone do something to you?"

"No no no, nothing like that. I guess my mind has been drifting elsewhere these days. I just think about what life would be like if we weren't always at a state of worry. Or if we still had our loved ones."

Levi's expression went from cold to colder. I could tell that he had lost loved ones in the past. And lots of them. He seems to have gone through a world of hurt. It's crazy how you can sense that through a person.

"Yeah. I feel the same thing. But that is no excuse for you to fall on your ass all the time. You need to wake up, ok? Levi looked up at me. The moon reflected off of his dark eyes.

"Ok. It won't happen again. I guess I just need to relax."

"I know something that could help. Pick up your tea and follow me, brat."

Why is he being nice to me all of a sudden? He is such a jerk all the time to literally everyone snd all of a sudden, what changed?

I got up with my tea and followed Levi to a balcony off the roof of the stable. He laid down his cape again and sat down, leaving room for me this time.

"Sit down, F/N. And look up."

I looked up to see the most beautiful sky I had ever seen. The sun had just set, so a stray of orange was still left in the sky, mixed with the dark blue and purple that the tiny little specks of light poked out of.

"I come out here when I'm all worked up, obviously just like your dumbass this week. Just look at them. It might help you too." Levi said.

I set my tea down on the ground next to me and sat down. Levi and I both laid our heads on the ground at the same time. We laid there for at least an hour looking at the stars before I began to shut my eyes.

Levi's POV :)

I guess I really didn't have a very good reason to bring F/N here. It's just a special place to me, to get my mind off things, and I figured I might as well make at least one friend here. Plus she has been having a hard week too.

I looked over at her and realized her eyes were closed. She was sleeping. She sleeps so peacefully, I didn't want to wake her. I really didn't know what to do. I know that she doesn't mind a dirty ground but I do, and absolutely could not sleep here all night.

I stood up and carefully and quietly pulled my cape out from under here. I draped it over her sleepy body. I will come back for her in the early morning, there's no way I'd just leave someone out here like this. Well, at least not her. She seems to get me.

Reader's POV :)

I woke up to the sun's bright rays piercing through my eyelids. Where the hell am I? I turn over to find Levi pouring more tea into my empty glass from last night, and finishing off his.

"Well good morning, you slept outside you pig."

I didn't know wether to be hurt or confused by this comment because I still don't know what happened last night.

"Wait, weren't you here last night too? Didn't we look at the stars?"

"Yeah, and then your dumbass fell asleep, and there's no way I, would ever, sleep outside. So i left you my cape and came back in the morning, right now. You're welcome."

"Oh, so thoughtful Levi," I smirked.

I giggled but he still kept his straight face like always. But this time, his eyes were staring straight into mine. They looked so tired, but yet so charming. But they were piercing into mine. Like he was reading me.

"F/N, are you thinking about me?"