chpt. 21

GUYS!! THANK YOH FOR EVERYTHING HOLY SHITIIDJFNJSJFJSJ

literally didn't think i'd have even 1k views on this story but now i have 10k??? YALL ARE INSANE

i plan on writing another story with an oc, it is still going to be about Levi but a different storyline.

anyways, i have a doctors appointment tomorrow about my thumb and how it may be like really bad lol 😐 it probably 100% is sprained, but idrk, it's kind of disgusting lmao, so i will try my hardest to type out these stories, it'll just take a bit longer ...

ok well I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and thank you for all of the votes and support :) <3

reader's pov!

Another morning of an expedition. The same, eerie feeling is swarming HQ, everyone feeling the weight on their shoulders. Something was just a bit different this time... We knew there were going to be casualties on this mission. There's no getting around it. I mean, we're taking back Wall Maria. That is a huge task, especially not knowing what is out there and the amount of Titans that could be roaming around.

I turned my head to the right to read the dim light of the alarm clock.

4:34 am

Woke up before the alarm? I must be really shaken up huh?

I turned my head back to meet Levi's sleepy face next to mine. I'm so glad he can finally sleep. He never used to get sleep before I had moved into his room, so it was nice to know that me being here is helping him.

I began to get comfortable again so I could fall back asleep when I felt a sharp pain in my lower abdomen.

"Fuck" I whispered, squeezing my legs together.

Oh yeah. I forgot about last night. Insane. I hope this pain doesn't last all day, this shit hurts...

I finally got comfortable again, this time moving closer to Levi, knowing that I wouldn't be close to him today.

-

Beep ~ Beep ~Beep

"Shut up" Levi muttered under his breath as he reached his arm over me to turn the alarm off. "The sun isn't even up yet."

"Good morning sunshine" I joked, nudging at him. "I hope you won't be as cranky later today, Captain."

"Waking up to an annoying alarm, and you harassing me? It's only 5:30!" He said, pushing his head into the pillow.

I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him on the cheek. "You know I don't mean it. I had to at least give you a little payback, I mean my lower half is literally numb from last night. Thanks for that."

He quickly shot up his head, turned to me, and smirked.

"Anytime."

I rolled my eyes and turned over, facing away from him. He obviously didn't like this because he grabbed my waist and pulled me back to him, wrapping his arms around me in a warm embrace.

"Ow."

"Suck it up."

We laid there for a while in silence, knowing that this is all we wanted to do.

"Let's just stay like this forever. Skip the mission. Tch, they don't need us right? The two best soldiers in the regiment? They can do it by themselves, right?" Levi finally said, breaking the silence.

"Ha, you wish. You know they need you."

"They might need me, but I need you, and if I'm not going to be by you all day, then I don't want to go."

"Someone's clingy this morning" I said, looking up at him. "But, I don't blame you. I don't want to go either. Nobody wants to, I'm sure. But for humanity's sake, and for our sake, we've got to do it. I mean, you do want to get out of this place right? These walls? And live a free life?"

"As long as it's with you."

I completely melted when he said this. He must've noticed because he leaned down and kissed me, drowning every thought out of my head about what lies ahead in the day.

"Levi, we should probably get up now" I said, pulling away from the kiss.

"Fine" He groaned, sitting up. He stretched up his arms, yet again exposing his insanely toned stomach. Literally giving me flashbacks of the incredible night before.

I got up out of bed, barely able to stand up from the excruciating pain.

"Fuck, why why why..." I muttered, limping my way over to the drawer of my clothes that Levi had assigned me. Neat freak.

"Don't be so over dramatic. You've got to get used to it anyway." Levi smirked, as he got out of bed.

"Shut up." I grabbed my clothes and headed to the bathroom. I quickly showered, got changed, and hurried out so Levi could take his turn.

"You know there is a much easier and faster way we could do this next time Y/N."

"I'm assuming you mean 'saving water' and 'showering together' , and if i'm right, then... We'll see. Quit being so horny this morning you creep" I giggled, walking back into the room.

"How can't I? Did you not notice what happened last ni-" I cut him off my shutting the door in front of him, laughing at his energy this morning.

-

Once Levi finished getting ready, we grabbed our capes off the coat rack and double-checked the gear we had. We still had to head to the another room after a quick breakfast to get our ODM gear.

Before Levi opened the door, I grabbed his shoulder, making him turn toward me.

"Listen. You can't die today, you got it? That's all I ask of you."

"I will do anything to keep you safe, Y/N. That's all I care about. And if me not dying is what you want, then I guess I'll have to focus on that too." Levi said, pulling me to him. "Even if you loose me today, I'll come back to you. I promise."

We hugged for just a while longer until we heard a knock on the door.

"Captain Levi, we are heading out in 30. ODM gear checking is going on right now. Are you ready?" A voice bellowed from the outside of the door.

Levi looked at me and nodded, wiping a small tear that I didn't even know was falling off of my cheek.

"Yes" He said as he opened the door, taking my hand to lead me out with him.