chpt. 13

NSFW Warning:
hi! this chapter is going to contain some smut/tiny lemon, so if that's not for you, i would click off, or scroll through to the next chapter. enjoy!! :)

Reader's POV

"F/N, are you ok in there?" Levi's voice bellowed from behind the door.

"Yes, I'm just cleaning myself up before the party. Don't you have to go to that meeting still?" I said, splashing cold water on my face.

"Actually yes, I'm surprised Erwin didn't remind me. I'll be back in a few, it shouldn't take long. Please be careful, don't walk around too much." He said. Shortly after, I heard the door close.

Knowing I now had time to actually get ready later, I went back out into the room, and walked to the bed. I flopped my back into the bed and put my hands over my eyes. I sat there for a bit, thinking about what I should say to him. It shouldn't be bad though, because I can tell that he truly does care about me.

The thing is, Levi wears an emotionless mask that hides an emotional, caring, and fragile heart who would always put others before himself. He is truly the strongest person I've ever met, and I don't think I've ever admired someone more. And I believe he should know that.

About 30 minutes pass when I realize that I should actually get ready instead of just laying around thinking about him. I got back up and went to the bathroom, but left the door open this time. I grabbed the makeup out of my bag and applied just a tiny bit of concealer, mascara, and eyeshadow, just to hide the fact that I was totally exhausted. I brushed my hair, and pulled it into a low messy bun. This party obviously wasn't formal, so I reached into my bag and just grabbed a light wash pair of jeans and a red shirt with lace toward the top. It wasn't too comfortable but it was enough to look presentable.

A few moments later, just 30 minutes before we were supposed to go to the cafeteria, I heard footsteps leading up to Levi's room. I quickly shut the bathroom door, when someone walked in.

"F/N, I'm back, you're still in the bathroom? I've got to get ready to you know." Levi said, knocking on the bathroom door.

Instead of saying anything, I just opened the door to find Levi standing there, elbow rested on the doorway. His eyes moved from mine, to all the way down my body, and back to mine. He smirked.

"You clean up nicely." He said, pushing his way into the bathroom, pushing me out.

My cheeks grew red as I leaned up against the door. I couldn't help but smile.

Once Levi was finished getting ready, he walked out of the bathroom in black pants and a black button down shirt.

"Not too bad yourself, shorty."

"Shut up, you're still shorter then me." He said, walking over to me. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yep." I said, feeling his hand snake around my waist once again.

Leaving the room, my stomach was filled with butterflies, thinking about all of the unknowns that could happen tonight. We approached the cafeteria to see everyone already there.

"Good! You're finally here!" Yelled Connie, walking over with two glasses of red wine. He handed each to Levi and I. "There is food on the tables if you want some, and the alcohol is in the cooler by the door closest to Commander Erwin." He said, pointing in his direction.

At this point I had expected Levi to let go of my waist, but he was still holding on.

I turned to him and whispered, "Levi, you can let go of me now. We can talk more later about, you know, what happened earlier."