chpt. 12

reader's pov

I have gotten nothing but mixed emotions from Levi from the moment we ran into each other in the hallway a few weeks ago. When I bumped into him, looking into his cold, dark eyes, I just didn't expect everything leading up to now. From riding to the place where Levi and I sat in the grass, to the night in the stables, to the expedition, and finally, sleeping in the same bed as him. One moment, he seems like the normal, constantly annoyed Captain that everyone had always known, to a totally different person when were alone together. To someone who truly cares, and understands everything.

After finishing up lunch with my friends, I walked over to Levi's table.

"F/N, how are you feeling?" Hange said with a giant smile on their face, as always.

"A lot better, thank you." I said, sitting down next to them.

Levi looked up at me and sipped his tea.

"I'm guessing you'll be skipping out on the party tonight short stuff?" Hange said, smiling at Levi.

"Hange you better have some quality alcohol to get me through having to deal with you idiots tonight." He said.

"THAT MEANS YOU'RE COMING?!? FINALLY, THIS IS THE FIRST ONE YOU CAME TO!! What the hell made you agree?"

He glanced at me, and then back at Hange.

"No reason."

"Well, you better be here at 6 tonight! F/N, you're coming too right?" Hange squealed, nudging me.

"Yep! I get one night off bed rest, but tomorrow I promised I'd stay in. I think I only have a week left of healing before I can sleep in my own room anyway."

"Well, expect a fun time tonight before you're week of torture! I'll see you two at 6! Time to go experiment with Sawney and Bean!" They screamed, while running off.

"Alright Cadet, let's go back to the room. You need some sleep before tonight." Levi said, turning to me.

"Uh, okay..." I said, standing up and beginning to walk toward Levi's room.

Before I could even take a second step, I felt a hand around my waist, and I knew it was Levi's without even looking.

"I can walk by myself you know."

"Then why were you limping over to my couch last night?"

"You were awake?"

"I can barely sleep in my bed let alone a stiff couch."

My face grew red because I then knew that he had seen me the whole time. That is so embarrassing.

When we got to his room, he led me to the bed and made me sit down by pushing my shoulders down.

"I have some paperwork to do, so I'm going to go get some from Erwin's office. I'll be back, try to fall asleep while I'm gone so you won't stare at me while I'm working." He snapped, as he walked out the door.

I laid my head back onto the pillow and stared at the ceiling. How was I supposed to just fall asleep so easily, knowing that I have so much to say to him. Moments like these would be perfect. We're alone, so maybe he would open up to. But he expects me to be sleeping, so maybe I should just pretend again, because I'm not tired at all.

I turned to my side, facing away from Levi's desk so he couldn't tell if I was asleep or not.

A few minutes later, I heard the door open and close.

"F/N?" "Good, you're sleeping."

He sat down at his desk.

Levi's pov!

A part of me knows that she needs to rest, but another part of me wishes she would have stayed up. We're alone together again, and all I want to do is talk to her seriously before we are surrounded by all of her friends and the other Cadets tonight. But I won't wake her up if she's sleeping.

reader's pov !

I did accidentally doze off, but I woke up only 30
minutes later. I turned over to see Levi's head down on his desk.

"Levi-"

He shot up and turned to me.

"I thought you were sleeping."

"I was, but I can't sleep forever. If been doing nothing but sleeping for the last 2 days. I want to get ready for the party."

"It isn't even for another 3 hours. So relax."

I rolled my eyes and laid my head back down. He continued to look at me, and then looked down at the ground.

In that moment, everything felt so normal. Like I could just spill everything out, and tell him everything. Although nothing even happened, the silence in the room and the atmosphere just felt safe.

"Levi, why did you kiss me? Was it out of pity?"

He shot his head back up and looked at me.
"Tch" is the only thing that came out of his mouth before he stood up and started slowly pacing around the room.

"No. I couldn't tell you why I did it. But it wasn't out of pity. I think it was for me. I haven't felt anything in a while, F/N." Hearing him say that made my cheeks warm, and I could tell he was careful with his words as well.

"But, I don't think that is the only reason," He said. "I know we haven't really talked to much about personal things but the things that we have talked about, we seem to relate. And you seem to get me. And there's a certain feeling I get when I realize that, and I think that feeling took over when I kissed you that day."

"And what is that feeling Levi?"

He walked over and sat on the bed.

"It-it might be-"

A knock on the door interrupted his sentence.

"State your name and b-buisness." Levi said, clearing his throat.

"It's Erwin, Levi. Do you have that paperwork? I'm coming in." He said, walking into the room.

His eyes widened when he saw Levi sitting on the bed next to me.

"Oh uh, I hope I'm not interrupting anything Captain Levi. Hello, Cadet L/N." Commander Erwin said, scratching at his neck.

Levi stood up and grabbed the papers off of the desk.

"Here. I'm sorry about that, I should've brought them to you." Levi said.

"You two will make it to the party tonight, correct?"

"Yes Commander, I was just about to begin getting ready." I said, starting to stand up.

"Alright, Ill see you two then." Erwin said, leaving the room.

Levi looked back at me, but before he could say anything, I stood up and went to the bathroom. When I got in there, I leaned up against the door and sank down. My heart was beating so fast.

"It-it might be-"

It might be what? I just couldn't carry on that conversation anymore. It was like he turned into a completely different person again. Like he shut off the Captain switch and just turned into Levi.
Levi Ackerman.
Just Levi.
But when Commander Erwin knocked, that switch turned back on.

Therefore, it was so obvious that he acted differently around me, and I liked it. Maybe at the party tonight, I will find out more. Actually, I plan on it.