chpt. 22

hey guys, i need help. should i continue to write and finish this story? or should i start my levi x oc ? i have that one all planned out im just really unsure when to start. thank you :))

also, WTF THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 15K U ALL GET A KISS ON THE FOREHEAD TYTY

reader's pov!

A sudden burst of cold air hit my face as I entered the hallway, my hand still intertwined with Levi's. The cadet escorted us to a room just short of the cafeteria doors. The hallway was freezing, and the rain was hitting the windows, creating a very gloomy atmosphere. Of course, a morning of an expedition. When we reached the room, the door was open, so when we seen the numerous amounts of people inside, I quickly let go of Levi's hand. I know my close friends know about us, but I'm not really sure I wanted everybody else to know that I'm dating the Captain just yet.

"Good morning Captain, good morning L/N. You're just in time to assign your equipment" Erwin bellowed from inside.

"Yes! You're here! Are you guys ready for all of the crazy things we'll see today? Huh? Are ya?!" Hange seemed a bit too excited for this today. Like, way too excited. It's scaring me.

Skipping breakfast was probably not the best idea. Thinking about today was already making me nauseous, let alone the insanely loud rumbling in my stomach. And on top of that, I was still sore from last night. Levi and I walked in the room and grabbed our gear.

"You okay?" He whispered as we both went to the corner of the room, away from the commotion.

"I'm fine. Just shaken up, that's all. Today is going to be a loooong day" I complained, trying not to make Levi worry about me too much. You'd think he wouldn't have so much emotion based on the way he acts around other people, but, when he gives you the chance to get to know him, he doesn't want anything more than to get to know you.

"Alright Cadets, report to the training area in 20. Now, go out and equip your horses." Erwin yelled.

-

Approaching the stables, most of the other Cadets had already grabbed their horse and had them ready. Levi got caught up with Hange and Erwin back in HQ, so after grabbing my horse, I made my way over to his. Much like Levi, his horse's dark, silky hair made it seem so mysterious; even quite intimidating. Why wouldn't Levi have a horse just like him... stubborn too. Because when I tried to grab it's reigns, it flung its head back, scaring the daylights out of not only me, but my horse.

Falling back, I had accidentally let go of my own horses reigns, therefore letting it run out of the barn from being startled.

"Fuck!" I yelled, as I got up. "Your just like your owner, cranky ass. You're pretty though."

"Oi" I heard from outside of the barn. "Why the hell do I have your horse, and you have mine?"

Levi walked in holding the reigns of my horse, shaking his head.

"I swear I was just trying to be nice and bring you yours since you were busy. But he's cranky today. Reminds me of someone" I smirked, handing over the reigns to his horse as he handed mine to me.

"That's because he likes me and only me" He gawked, walking his horse out. "Anyway, we have about 3 minutes until we're riding out. Are you positive you're okay? You're looking pale-"

"Levi, I'm fine. I can take care of myself."

Hmm, probably shouldn't of said that.

His expression instantly went down.

I mean come on, I need to do things for myself for a change. It's like he's always there to save my ass. I don't mind, but I don't want to always have to rely on him, especially when we live lives like this. When we never know when something unexpected could happen.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off so harsh..."

"You know I will always protect you. There is no changing that. If you like it or not."

"I just want to be able to do things on my own without having to rely on you for everything. Can we just talk about this later?"

"No need. I understand." He said with his head down as he walked toward me. He grabbed my chin and kissed me on the cheek. "I love you. Please be careful today. I'll stay away as much as I can."

"No, Levi, that's not what I-" I tried to say, but he was already out of the barn. "I-I love you too."

-

"Cadets! This mission is one of the most difficult we've experienced in a while. Please, stay alert and listen to your Captain! Scouts, move out!"

The sound of horse hooves filled my ears as we rode toward the Wall Maria. Looking around, and behind me, I could stop thinking about what I may have left behind back there.

Why would I bring up such a touchy subject right before a mission?

No, shut up. I need to clear my mind. Forget about it for now. Please, just focus.

We finally reached Wall Maria. The began to slow, only trotting through the opening left by the titan attack. We were to patrol the wall, being sure to stay as close as we would to it so we couldn't be surrounded at a later time. Multiple groups of about 8-10 split up into different directions to scout the area and report to a small village inside of the wall if nothing is out of the ordinary.

We were also told not to engage, and to use our signal flares when a titan is spotted.

Levi rode in front of me, just ahead. Next to me rode Armin and Jean, and the other side Eren and Mikasa. Behind me, Sasha, Reiner, and Connie. I mean, why wouldn't they. Self-explanatory. Such good friends.

I haven't really had the chance to talk to them recently either so that's what I was planning on doing when we get back. To relax, and explain everything going on.

As everything was rushing through my mind, I heard the sound of a signal flare shot from a distance. Everyone turned their heads so quickly, too quickly.

Everyone is so on edge, and this black flare didn't make it any better.

Black Flare; abnormal titan spotted.

authors note!

(hey guys ik you will b commenting abt the whole nauseous thing but i swear Y/N IS NOT PREGNANT!! literally just bc she missed breakfast i promise lol, plus u can't get pregnant the day after anyway LMAO ok anyway have a goodnight i'll update soon :) )