Chapter 10

I opened my eyes and felt the air became colder than earlier. I closed my eyes again when I saw that the ceiling isn't my house' ceiling. No. I think I'm just having a dream. A long dream. A very long dream.

I opened my eyes again when I heard a knock from the door. "Hi." He greeted while holding a tray, "Food. Your dinner." I slowly sat up and shivered, "Are you still sick?" He asked. He is now sitting across me. I look at the food he prepared, "Sorry, I didn't catch more fish." 

"It's okay. Thank you." I said and received the tray. He stood up and smiled while his hands are on his pockets, "I better leave you alone to eat. Just come outside if you want to." He was about to leave when, "Are you alone?" I asked.

"Now? No. Coz you're here." He smiled and left. I stared at the closed door and became speechless. What did he just say? 

Unlike my room, this room is small and cozy. The only light here are torches on the corners. I sighed. 

After I ate my dinner, I went out of the room and found that the whole house is just filled with candles, torches, and lamps. It is kind of dim, but it is well lit. I can see everything and hear everything. I just realized, ever since I came here, I never heard any music being played. 

I walk outside and felt the cold wind welcomed me. This wind, it feels new. I look above the sky and I have never seen so many stars shining and crowding the night sky. I smiled.

"Good evening." I look at my side and saw him holding several firewood, "I just came back from hunting."

"Hunting?"

"These firewood, for supplies." He said and walk past me. I look at him placing the firewood on the side of the door, "Are you done eating your meal?"

"Yes." He straightened himself after arranging the firewood and look at me, "So what are you going to do now?" I froze. What should I do now? Why am I here?

"I need answers." I said. He walk towards me and nodded, "Okay."

He told me to wait in the living room and so I did. After a while, he came back wearing a white sweater with his dog following him behind. He took a seat beside me and I move to the other side to give us space. 

"Ask me." He said. I look at the fireplace in front of us, "You said Kepler earlier right?"

"Yes." I closed my eyes and sighed, "I'm doomed." He remained silent so I look up to see his face. I saw him smiling at me, "Why are you smiling?"

"Nothing. This just feels weird, but at the same time interesting." He said. I straightened myself and faced my body at him. He was flustered by my movement but he did the same also.

"Yes this is very weird, I am from Earth."

"That's your planet?"

"Yes."  

"So this means you teleported from Earth to here?"

"Maybe? Or maybe not?" I look at his eyes, "Are you telling the truth?"

"You thought I'm lying?" I nodded. He smiled, "Alright, wait here." He stood up and walk away from the living room. After a couple of minutes, he held a book and a piece of paper.

"These are my evidences." He said and handed me a book titled Beyond the Kepler.

"This is... beautiful." This planet is so different from Earth. Unlike Earth, Kepler has larger continents and most of them are not separated from each other, "So these red lines are the borders of each country?"

"Yeah. And we're here, Baltica. We're in an island together with Laurentia and Barentsia."

"Wow." I didn't know what to say. This feels surreal. I look at him and saw him still looking at the book. We didn't realize we are so close to each other now. I moved to the side and that made him look at me. I look away and stared back at the book I am holding.

"I heard about Kepler back home." I said while scanning the remaining pages of the book, "It was a study by the scientist named Johannes Kepler. My planet did a Kepler Mission, exploring galaxies and other extrasolar planets-- is there something wrong on my face?" I asked when I saw him staring intently into my eyes.

"Nothing. Just continue, I want to hear more."

"So... yeah back to the Kepler Mission. I didn't know much about that mission, I only heard it from my class when our professor would ask us about--" My eyes widened as the memories suddenly came back to me.

"What?" I look at him and then at the book. The map, from what I remembered, this is also the old map of Earth. The Supercontinent. Pangea.

"I think I am in the parallel universe."