Epilogue

He puts down his brush and sighed. Looking out the window, he saw memories. He stood up and placed his new artwork in the living room. He look around, trying to find something he can keep his body at work. All are clean. All are well. Except him.

He took a sip of his coffee and stared at the sky. The stars. The stars he wanted to believe, but couldn't. He was about to look away when a falling star passed by.

He closed his eyes.

Wish.

Only this one. He will believe on this one.

Morning came again. He sighed. Sometimes he wishes for the world to be dark forever. He doesn't want to get up, nor want to live. He just wants to... disappear.

"Bella!" He shouted while preparing a meal. He took a jar of fresh tuna and put it in Bella's bowl.

"Bella?" He called again. He look below each tables in the house. None. He went outside and shouted her name again. He scratched his head. Maybe she went to the forest again.

He was about to walk inside his house again when he saw something strange near the lake. He ran towards it.

"Bella?" He called again upon seeing her lying down on the ground, "Bud it's time to eat." No response. No usual wagging of her tail. He crouched down and touched her skin. Cold.

Cold.

"Bella. Come on." He called again. He lie down next to her and hugged her, "Come on Bella. Not you also." He said, praying she's just sleeping. A tear starts to fall and a bucket of pain starts to fill his chest.

--

He slowly placed a small picture of him and Bella in the storage room, next to a picture of someone he used to know. He grabbed the picture and caressed the person he's embracing in it.

"Bella is with you now." He said, holding back his tears.

He puts the picture back to its place and went out of the room.

It was the picture of his first love.

His first Ember.

Part 2: Wander