Chapter 19

"Careful." He received my hand and guided me. I prevented myself from moving too much and sat down slowly.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." I watched the house and saw Bella barking at us, "She's afraid to be left alone." He said. He starts paddling and the boat moved.

"I didn't know this lake is big." I said while looking down below. I look up immediately to the sky because I felt creepy watching the water. I did not regret looking up, the sky is full of stars, even falling stars are occuring. On Earth, one falling star is big deal. Here, even if all the stars fall, no one will care.

"Do you know that if there's a falling star you have to wish for something?" I look at Ten and found him staring at me, "Look up." I told him. He look up and smiled, "I saw one, can I wish now?"

"Close your eyes." I said. He closed his eyes and starts wishing. I grabbed the opportunity to lean towards him and put a necklace I made around his neck. He opened his eyes suddenly, my face still near his face. I felt nervous all of a sudden, I backed away before something's going to happen.

"What's this?" He asked, examining the necklace. 

"That's a necklace."

"I know, hahaha. I mean, what's this for?" He look at me in the eyes, "Is this a goodbye gift?" I almost forgot, the machine is almost done. I look up at the sky again and smiled, "That's a thank you gift."

"Thank you." He said and I felt the boat moved again. I held the sides to maintain my balance. I look at him, the necklace suits him well. It was a thread I found from his room with a shell hanging on it which I found at the seashore.

After a few minutes, we found ourselves on a cave. He turned on the lamp he brought. I look around the cave and wonder what lies above us. Maybe bats. Wait, bats? I've never seen a bat before.

"Why are we here?" He didn't answer me, instead silence settled over us. I look at him and saw that he's holding a recorder flute. I smiled when I saw him practicing his hands like a kid. He looks cute when he's concentrating.

He looked up at me and he shyly smiled, "I'm sorry I'm really not good at playing this. I forgot the chords."

"It's okay." He moved the recorder closer to his mouth and a beautiful melody came out. I look at him, he's clearly visible in front of me. The lights from the lamp danced around together with the melody he's playing. Even though the cave is dark, it doesn't feel dark at all. It's as if beneath those dark corners, many creatures are watching us.

"Oh my God." I whispered. Hundreds of fireflies came rushing in, it's as if they were called by the melody he's playing. Not hundreds, thousands! I smiled and gently opened my palm to a firefly nearby, "They're so beautiful."

"They are." He said and stopped playing, "They are called Glow Fairies." 

"On Earth, it's Fireflies."

"Will you accept these as my gift for you?" I look at him scratching his head, "I didn't prepare something I'm really sorry." I smiled. No why is he so cute? No Ember no.

"You just gave me the best gift I've received in my entire existence." 

"Really?" I nodded. He smiled wide and nodded, "My parents used to bring me here when I was a child, my mother would play the notes and my father would tell me stories." 

"Thank you for bringing me to this place. I will never forget this moment." Never. I heard him sigh and there again, we fell into silence. I don't know what to say anymore. I don't feel awkward, but I feel nervous. Ever since I came here, I became doubtful and confused.

"Can't you just stay?" 4th. This is the 4th time. I look at him to expect that he's only joking. But no, his face is serious. I didn't answer him to wait for his another line. 

Joking!

Kidding! Hahaha

But no, he's just staring straight into my eyes. I look down and starts fidgeting the wooden stick I saw, "If I say..." I look up and saw him still looking at me, "If I say I'll stay, will you accept me?" Slowly his face lift up. He smiled.

"Forever." 

I held the stick tightly. My chest starts to beat fast. This is harder than I expected. No Ember, this isn't hard. Choose what makes you happy. 

Happy.

I look at him,

"I'll stay."