Chapter 21

I slowly opened my eyes and felt soft sheets around me. I am back on my bed again. I felt something touching my hand. I looked to my side and found Ten sleeping on the chair while holding my hand. I tried my best to sit down without disturbing him but he woke up instantly.

"You shocked me." I whispered. He touched my forehead, "Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"You fainted again." I look at my watch and saw that I am sick again. And then the screen changed, another new notification. I hid my wrist from him and smiled, "I'm okay. Don't worry."

"You're always saying that but then you keep fainting." I chuckled, "Sorry for the sudden outburst." He said.

"You're cute when you're mad." He straightened up and cleared his throat, "I'll just prepare you some food."

"Stay." He stops and look at me, "I don't have the appetite to eat food." I continued. He nodded and sat on the chair again.

"What are we going to do?" He asked. I felt my heartbeat pumping faster.

"Let's talk about us."

"Us?"

"I-I mean you know ourselves, like hobbies and skills."

"I think you already knew mine, I still don't know much about yours." He's right. He has shown me a lot already while I'm here.

"Okay. Uhm I'm a college student."

"College student? Wow."

"You have schools here right?"

"On the other parts of this world. We're on the countryside, the schools are in the capital." I nodded, "So you like studying?"

"Not really. I like being smart." He nodded, "How about you? Have you finished school?"

"Oh. I've never been to school." He shyly said while touching his ears, "Only my parents are my teachers."

"And you've been a good student." He applied everything his parents taught him.

"What are your hobbies?" I saw his eyes asking with curiosity. I couldn't help but smile. He is so innocent.

"I like watching movies, eating, sleeping, nothing much I guess. You?"

"I like drawing."

"You know how to draw?" He nodded, "Can you show me your drawings?" He was taken aback by my request. I can tell that he is shy.

After a lot of convincing, he went out of the room to get his drawings. I grabbed the opportunity to see the notification from the watch and clicked it.

Third injection was leaked. The contents in the vial were not successfully injected to the host, this may result to serious body changes and may cause some health complications.

The hologram showed me where the portion of my bodies will show symptoms. It shows also the history of the irregular beating of my heart these past days. I don't know what to react. I thought everything is okay now that I have finally decided my fate.

When the watch switched off again, I didn't flinch. I felt numb. I just stared blankly in the air, unable to process the bad news.

I heard the door opened again with Ten holding several canvas in his arms, "These are just some of my artworks." He said and starts showing the artworks to me as if I'm a beginner artist. 

"Some of them are dusty since I just dump them in the storage room." He said and blow the dusts off from the canvas. He coughed.

"What's your latest painting?"

"This." He showed me an unfinished artwork, it looks like a painting of the galaxy, "Painted this before you exploded." He joked. I chuckled, "Coincidence I guess." He continued.

After several hours of listening to him about the of his paintings, I suggested to display it around his room. He didn't agreed at first (because he lacks confidence) but I insisted. 

"Okay if you say so." He said and stood up. I watched him putting and arranging the canvases to the side. Why is he like this God? Why is he so kind? 

"Goodnight." He said and was about to leave when I felt guilty again, "The bed is big for me, you can sleep here beside me." He froze. Every time he does this kind of reaction, I can't help but laugh. He touched his cheeks and then looked at me, "I can sleep o-outside."

"No. Sleep here beside me." He was about to reject my offer again but I raised my brow. He blinked twice and hurriedly went out of the room. I let out a good laugh and sighed. I suddenly remembered the third vial.

Why..