Chapter 30

"Ember? Will you be okay to deliver at this hour? The customer will give big tip--"

"Yes mom." I said and starts to wash my hands, "Let me just warm up the motorcycle." I grabbed the keys and went out of our store. 

I looked at the sky, there's a star. One star. 

"Believe.."

"Here are the orders." My dad said while carrying two buckets of chicken. I looked at him busily arranging it on the back of the motorcycle.

"Dad?"

"Hmm?"

"Sorry." He looked at me, he was shocked by what I said, "Sorry for being--"

"Oh baby." He walked towards me and touched my face, "I missed you so much." I looked down and cried. I forgot what my parents felt while I am experiencing heartbreak. I forgot that they're still here. 

"Alright let's continue the drama once you're done delivering this shits." I laughed. Even though he is not a scientist, nor the owner of a large company in this alternate reality, he's still the dad I've known ever since.

I drove as fast as I can to the place where I will deliver the chicken. I just realized, it's 12 in the morning now. Who in the world will eat chicken at this hour?

I received a text from my mom saying that it's on the 8th floor. I turned off my phone and went inside the building.

"Food delivery." I said to the concierge. The guard just nodded and pointed the elevator.

"Aren't you going to receive this delivery and hand them to the owners yourself?"

"The person who's in charge of this went out early. And no one will guard this apartment if I'm the one doing it." I sighed. Alright. I have no choice.

I pressed the button 8 in the elevator. I sometimes hate this job. Sometimes I want to go back to my old life where I'm super rich, but alone.

*ding!*

I went out of the elevator carrying the chickens. I'm really going to kill the person who ordered at this hour.

I knocked loudly on the door. No one answered. I knocked again and didn't stop. Wake up you filthy freak.

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!" I heard someone inside, I stopped knocking and step back from the door.

"Total of 50,000 won. Hot sauce and cheese flavor are inside." I said and handed the order to the person. He handed me a 60,000 won money immediately, "I've received 60,000 won. The change is 10,000 won." I opened my sling bag and starts pulling out money for change.

"Keep the change." 

"No sir we don't--" I stopped counting money and shivered, "A-are you sure?" I said, my eyes are still on the money in my sling bag.

"Yep." Yep. 

I froze. My heart starts to beat fast. I held my chest and breathed heavily, "Wait are you okay?" He asked. 

I slowly looked up.

"Shall I call an ambulance?"

Ten...