⊱┊three

I woke up and looked at my alarm. It was currently 7:24, six minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off. Of course, now that I knew that, I couldn't just wait out those six minutes. 

     I switched off the part that said alarm and reluctantly left my bed. Somehow, even though it was summer, I still felt cold exiting my covers. I yawned and stretched out my back, groaning at the sudden pop. 

     I walked to my closet, now being able to see it better due to the sunlight streaming through the large windows in my room. 

(hearst castle type beat i love this place)

     I searched through my clothes for an outfit that would be good for the day, and found one. It was a plaid skirt with a beige colored shirt that had a monarch embroidered on it tucked into it.

     I pulled my phone off of my charger and looked at my notifications. Oh, my dad had texted my back. 

Technodad
I know, I know. I'll be home soon, princess
Is it okay if Wilbur and Phil stay over for a bit?

     The timestamp from the text was from about right after I had gone to sleep. I quickly typed up a response, hoping he would see it. 

okay :] and yeah they can come i haven't seen uncle wil in a while 

     For once, I got a close to immediate reply. 

Technodad
Alrighty
I'll be home around five today

     I smiled at the message and went to go get a small backpack to get on my way to work. As I was skating to the shop, I felt a drop in my stomach at a sudden realization. I had to talk to Ranboo today. I stopped my steady movement on my board and pulled my phone out of my backpack.

hi lmao does three work

Ranboo
Three?

for studying u idk

Ranboo
I mean, yeah, I guess.

swag

     He left me on read. I turned off my phone and returned it to it's spot in my backpack. 

     I got to the shop and unlocked the door, walking inside and flipping over the "we're open!" sign. 

     If my dad was getting home at five, then three should be enough time. I think. I was new to this whole thing. The most dangerous thing I had studied was a moobloom, and that's literally a passive mob. The moobloom I had studied was very nice, though. Very soft and fluffy, too. 

     I went to go check if we had enough of everything in each aisle and then waited for the customers to come in. Of course, there were the early birds rushing in to gather supplies and then running somewhere else. I always wondered what their stories would be. 

     I yawned a little bit and slumped my head down on the counter. "Oh, Scarlett!" A familiar voice made me sit up. Tubbo was in front of me, a bright smile on his face. 

     "What? Why are you here?" I asked, a bunch of confused thoughts crossing my mind.

      "Well, since Wilbur and Techno and Philza are coming back today I thought I'd visit you first!" 

     I took a deep breath and tried to process the words he just threw at me. "Toby, that made no sense." 

     He paused to think about what I had just said and furthermore what he had just said. "Okay- well- I meant, we could go home together, because they're all coming back to your place, right?" 

     I tugged at a strand of my hair, thinking. "Remember that guy I talked about last night on FaceTime?" I asked him. 

     He nodded. 

     "Well, he and I are going somewhere at three, so if you wanted to tag along to that, I don't think he'd mind." 

     "Oooh, like a date?" He asked with a suspicious looking eyebrow wiggle. 

     I groaned, "No, not like a date. I'm studying him for my school." 

     "Still, I wouldn't want to interrupt." 

      "Honestly? At this point I'd want you to interrupt. I'm scared to be alone with him." 

      "What, in a like 'he is a male' kind of scared?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

      "Wh- no? In a 'I'm gonna say something really stupid and need someone to make sure I don't' kind of scared," I replied, giving him a confused glance. 

     "Ohhhh. You see, that makes a lot more sense." 

      "No shit it does," I replied sharply. 

      "Ow," He remarked, going over to the little gate that led inside of the counter where I was sat. 

      He pulled the other stool that was used for if we would ever hire someone else to work here and sat down next to me. 

     "You're gonna help me here today, right? Not just sit here?" I asked, nudging him with my elbow. 

     He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah, I'll help you or whatever." 

     I smiled somewhat triumphantly and turned my gaze to the rest of the shop. There was pretty much nobody inside. I sighed a little bit and pulled out my mob study book from underneath the table. 

     "I'm right here, and you're going to read a book?" I looked over and saw Tubbo pouting. 

     "Well, you weren't talking," I pointed out.

     He huffed in disappointment, "I don't know what to talk about." 

     "Fine, I'll come up with something." I ran a hand through my pink colored hair and tried to think. "Where's Tommy?" Normally Tubbo had Tommy with him whenever he went somewhere.

     "I think he said something about Schlatt and scamming some people, though I can't be sure." 

     Ah. Schlatt definitely seemed like the type of person to rope someone in to scamming people. "That makes more sense than it should," I replied. 

     "Yeah. He tried to get me to join in too, but I said I was visiting you." 

     I ran my thumb along the pages of my book, lightly flipping through them, "You could've gone." 

     "Ehhh, I didn't really want to. Besides, it's been forever since we've seen each other."

     "We saw each other at the pool last week," I told him. 

     "Oh. Right." I started laughing at his dejected reply. I laughed so hard I slapped the counter in amusement. 

     We spent the rest of the morning exchanging playful banter and serving the occasional patron, and soon enough, three pm rolled around. 

wtf this is the fastest i've ever written a chapter i wrote this all in like one day