⊱┊fourteen

I tapped my foot nervously on the rug in front of the couch. 

     "What, are you nervous?" Tubbo asked while sitting next to me. 

     I smoothed out my dress and then said, "Of course I'm nervous! You would be too, if you were in my situation." 

     "Hmm, I don't think I would. I know how you always get inside your head," He said with a smile. 

     "Oh, shut up," I said, wanting to cover my face with my hands and then remembering I was wearing makeup. 

     I heard my dad walk into the room and turned to see him in formal attire with his hair tied in a low hanging ponytail. 

     "Alright, let's go pick up Ranboo," He said, motioning towards the door. 

     "Wait, wait, one sec," I said before running up to my room and grabbing the purse that matched my dress. 

     As Tubbo and I sat together in the back of my dad's car, I felt my heart drum with the feeling of nervousness, the kind that made butterflies settle in my stomach and made the corners of my mouth tug up at the thought of what was to come. 

     We arrived at his house, the address of which he had sent me earlier, and I walked up to the front door, taking a steadying breath before I knocked. 

     I waited a few seconds and the door opened.

     It took me a moment to figure out what to say because holy shit he looked so great. "Um, hi. My dad's here with his car. Uh. Yeah." 

     He peeked past me to where my dad was parked and then nodded at me and smiled, "Okay." 

      He followed me as I walked back towards it and I said to Tubbo, "Get in the front seat, I wanna sit with Ranboo." 

     He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Fine, but you owe me one."

     "For the front seat?" 

     "Yeah," He deadpanned, getting out of the back and opening the shotgun seat door. 

     I slid in the seat he just exited and patted the seat next to me for Ranboo to sit down. 

     He did and I smiled at him. 

     "Okay, we all ready to go?" My dad asked and there was a unanimous, "Yeah."

     "You know," Ranboo whispered to me, "I didn't really expect your dad to drive a Honda Civic."

     I snorted a little as I giggled. "Out of everything you could've said, I wasn't expecting that," I whispered back. 

     He laughed a little too.

     The rest of the car ride was easy, simple banter like that and it helped me to be a little less, as Tubbo said, "in my head" about the whole thing. 

     We reached where the ball was being held, a mansion that I was sure belonged to Dream, or the kingdom, or something, and it was way too big for a normal house, and that's coming from somebody who lives in a castle. But, you know, it's a modest castle! Kind of. Whatever. 

     We walked inside and I felt myself stop a little bit at the atmosphere. It was a normal party atmosphere, but I felt my chest tighten. 

      "You okay?" Tubbo asked, popping up next to me. 

     I shook the current worries out of my head and said, "Yeah, I'm okay. Let's do this." 

     I turned around to find Ranboo looking awestruck and my dad had already left us at the entrance.