⊱┊six

This was awkward. I sat at the dining table with Phil, Tubbo, and Ranboo. 

     I fiddled my thumbs under the table. My dad and Wilbur were making dinner. We had a brief discussion earlier.

      He had told me that he was just going to go make dinner and that my "friend, or someone more?" yes, those were his exact words, could stay to eat.

     Ranboo was sitting next to me and he leaned over and whispered, "You didn't tell me your dad was a member of the Sleepy Boys." 

    I picked at a scratch left from old play battles with his brothers on the table. "I didn't know I had to." 

     I realized that was a little too harsh and turned my gaze away from him. 

    "Well, you didn't have to, but it would've been a little nice to know." He retorted, and I winced, just a little bit.

     I snuck a glance at Tubbo who was currently engaged in a conversation with Phil. He was probably questioning him about Phil's latest adventure.

     I sighed, "Yeah, he is. If you have any questions, I guess I can answer them later," I said with a playful tone, feeling bad for the earlier harshness.

     I looked at him again and he gave me a small smile, "Thanks."

     I don't think I'd ever be able to stay mad at him for too long, he was too nice!

     "My dad and Uncle Wil are great cooks, but if you want to go home, you can," I told him, though I had a feeling I'd miss his company. 

     "Oh, well, I haven't eaten with other people for a while, so I don't mind staying." I wanted to pry, but it sort of felt like the wrong time

     I nodded, "Okay." 

     I didn't really know what else to say so I just looked at my hands that were now folded in my lap. 

     "Scarlett," I heard Phil say, and I looked up at him. 

      "Yeah?" I asked timidly. 

     "How are you? It's been ages since I last saw you, and even then it feels like you were much smaller," He said. I flushed in embarrassment at the question.

      I chose my words carefully and replied with, "I'm good, Phil. Where did you guys go this time?" I asked, leaning forward intently.

     "Dream sent us on a mission to receive something for him, it was an important book needed for 'kingly studies,' or something," He told me and it looked like he was getting a little tired of Dream's antics. 

     I looked at Ranboo and he looked as if he were vibrating in excitement. Or nervousness. "Ranboo?" I asked.

     "Did he just say Dream as in King Dream who has his two most trusted knights Sapnap and George by his side at all times?" He whispered the question. 

     I laughed a little bit, "Yeah, he did. You can just talk to Phil, I swear he doesn't bite," I said with another giggle. 

     "Yeah, I don't mind it, mate! What'd you say your name was, again?" Phil said with a smile.

     "Oh, I'm Ranboo..." He said sheepishly. 

     "Nice to meet you, Ranboo," He replied. I felt weird just sitting there while they talked, so I got up and said I would go help my dad in the kitchen. 

     Once I got to the kitchen, I practically melted at the aroma. I realized that I hadn't eaten all day and was very hungry. 

     "What are you guys making?" I asked, looking between my dad and my uncle.

     "Potato soup," My dad said, and my face flattened. Every fucking time he's come home that's what we've had.

     Wilbur saw my face and burst out laughing, "He's joking, he's joking. We're having chicken and dumplings." My face lit up in surprise. We hadn't had that since I was little. 

     "No way! Thank you, Uncle Wil!" I said, hugging him. 

     He hugged me back and said, "Don't thank me yet, it was Techno's idea." 

     I looked at my dad and then went to hug him. "Oh, uh, yeah." He awkwardly patted my back in his usual fashion and I let go of him as quickly as I had hugged him. 

     I turned out of the kitchen and went back into the dining room, sitting down in my former seat. 

     "Well, you sure look happy," Ranboo pointed out with that stupid grin of his. 

      I hummed dismissively and turned to him, "Maybe I am. Maybe I am... n't." 

     He started to laugh, "Amn't? Last I checked, that wasn't a word," He seemed as if he couldn't contain his amusement. 

     I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "You don't know that." It wasn't a word. It most definitely and completely wasn't a word. 

     He continued to laugh, shrinking down in his seat as he tried to stop. 

     I met Tubbo's gaze and I noticed he was looking at me with a curious sparkle in his eyes. "What?" I mouthed. 

     "Scarlett, I just realized I forgot my phone in your living room, come with me, haha," He got up abruptly and the whole thing was quite odd. 

     "Toby, you know where my living room is." That didn't stop him from grabbing my wrist and dragging me into the other room. 

     I crossed my arms and shifted my weight. "What?" I asked, and I had a hard time biting back the harsh tone in my voice. 

     "So you and Ranboo, huh?"

     I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, "What do you mean, 'me and Ranboo?'" 

     He shot me this horrendous eyebrow wiggle that made me gag.

     I groaned and hid my face in my hands. "Nothing's happening between us," I said.

     "Didn't you say you liked him?"

     "I said I thought he was cute!" 

     "Same difference." 

     "Is not!" I protested. 

     He rolled his eyes, "You're never going to get a boyfriend at this point."

    I snorted with laughter, "As if." 

     "Well, let me know if you do hit it off. I'm invested." 

     The fake anger I had earlier quickly melted away, "Okay, okay, will do." 

     With that, we walked back into the dining room where dinner was conveniently waiting on the table. Let's do this, I suppose. 

HI SEXIES. soooo new ranboo fic is in the works like i said but i changed to x m!oc bc i'm sexy like that ahaha
and georgebur oneshot book. read. now