⊱┊seventeen

Tubbo had slept over this time, and honestly, he practically lived at my place, honestly. He had his own toothbrush in my bathroom. 

     When I woke up there was an indent in my bed where he had been last night and upturned sheets. 

     I rubbed the remaining sleep out of my eyes and got up, finding my way downstairs. 

     I wandered into the kitchen for a snack and found Tubbo doing his best at making eggs. 

     "You're going to burn down the kitchen," I joked, and he flinched at the sudden sound of my voice. 

     He huffed, "I just wanted to do something nice for you." 

     I smiled, "It's okay, you don't have to." 

     "But, Scarlett," He said with a small whine. 

     I laughed a little, "I'm fine. Besides, I'm pretty sure they're burning." 

     He looked back at the pan to find that the eggs were in fact burning. "Shit- one sec!" 

     He turned the burner off and moved the pan away from it, scraping the eggs into the trash. 

     I giggled and he turned back to me with a glare that also melted into a laugh. 

     I opened the fridge and pulled the eggs out again, placing them on the counter and moving the pan back onto the burner. 

     "Since you can't cook eggs, I'll do it for you," I said with a laugh. 

     "You're so mean to me," He replied dramatically. 

     "Mhm, sure," I giggled, placing butter into the pan and letting it melt, gently swirling it around. 

     I cracked two eggs in the pan and then said to Tubbo, "Can you hand me a spatula?" 

     "Just use the one that's already there," He said. 

     I rolled my eyes, "It's dirty, and I'm pretty sure there's raw egg on it." 

     "Oh. Okay, okay, one sec," He rifled through a drawer and then handed me a slightly bent spatula. 

     I laughed at the shape, "What happened here?" 

     He gasped, "That's totally the one I was using that one time!" 

     "Using?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and he scoffed, bumping his shoulder into me. 

     As I used it to mix the eggs around he said, "When we were kids, your dad let us dress up in his grand fuckin' capes or whatever, and we'd run around with kitchenware, remember?" 

     "Oh my god, wait, are you talking about that time you tripped? I thought that was a spoon or something!" 

     "No, it was that spatula," He giggled. 

      I finished making the eggs and plated them, sprinkling cheese and some pepper on them. 

      I walked into the dining room before Tubbo said, "Let's go to the living room, I wanna watch TV." 

     I laughed, "You're so spoiled, but okay." 

     I handed him his plate and then went into the living room, settling into the couch next to Tubbo. 

     He reached over me to grab the remote, "What do you wanna watch?"

     I hummed in thought for a moment and settled on, "Toilet Bound Hanako-Kun." 

     "Again? We practically watch it every time I'm here," He said, a hint of complaint in his voice.

     "Oh, come on, you know how much of a hopeless romantic I am," I retorted. 

     He sighed, "Can't argue with that, and I suppose it's not that bad, so I'll watch it, I guess." 

     As we watched, we ended up pressed into each other with my head on his shoulder and he asked, "Have you thought about talking to Ranboo?" 

     I groaned and sat up more, "No, I haven't, and now you've made me think about it." 

     "You can't avoid him forever," He said, turning to look at me. 

     "I can- if I'm careful," I said simply. 

     I could tell he wanted to say more, but instead, we just settled back into our comfortable position from earlier. 

     After the first couple of episodes, my dad came into the living room to say hi. 

     "Good morning, you two," He said while sipping out of a cup of coffee. 

     "Morning, Dad," I replied with a smile. 

     "How'd you sleep?" He asked, and I tilted my head up to look at him. 

     I shrugged, "Okay, I guess."

     He sighed, "Well, it's not bad. I've got some work to do so I'll be in my office." 

     Tubbo and I said a unanimous "Okay," and went back to our watching. 

     After we finished Toilet Bound, we got up from our spots on the couch to get snacks from the pantry. 

     "Did we really just binge that?" I asked, stretching out my back with a couple of pops coming out of it. 

     "I think we did," He replied, and the lifelessness in his answer made me start to giggle. 

     I opened the cabinets and said, "Okay, we have pretty much every junk food known to mankind so take your pick." 

     "Oreo's. Please," Tubbo said somewhat desperately. 

     I snorted and pulled out the package of double stuff Oreo's and handed them to him. 

     He took the package back with him to the living room and I rolled my eyes. 

     I found some of the ramen we had in our pantry and decided to make myself a bowl, I hadn't realized how hungry I had gotten while watching. 

     Tubbo and I basically did nothing the rest of the day, and it was enough to take my mind off of everything, just for a while. 

giggles u guys r gonna hate me for the next chapter and since im gonna double publish you'll feel that seething rage even more <33