⊱┊twelve

I awoke with a start and a racing heartbeat. I recollected something that seemed to be a nightmare but I could barely remember what it was about. I put my hand on my chest and took a few deep breaths before I heard Ranboo sit up.

     "Are you alright?" He asked quietly.

     I nodded and then shook my head in confusion, "Yeah- yeah, I'm okay. Just a bad dream that I can't remember." 

     He laughed quietly, "I know a few things about not being able to remember things." 

     "What do you mean?" I asked, tilting my head. 

     "Nothing, nothing. Are you feeling better?"

     I nodded. 

     "Okay. Good. It looks like the movie is over, so... what do you wanna do now?" 

     I shrugged, "I'm down for anything. It's only like 5 pm, there's plenty of time to do things." 

     He hummed in thought and fell back into my pillows. "I got nothing," He admitted and I giggled. 

     I laid back with him and turned to look at him and he looked at me. "Hi," I said with a smile. 

     "Hello," He replied, shyly returning the smile. 

     "We should learn things about each other," I told him.

     "Okay, what do you want to know?"

      "Let's start of simple, what's your favorite color?" I asked. 

     "Sage green," He said without missing a beat, "What's yours?" 

     "I like purple." 

     "That is a solid favorite color," He remarked and I grinned in response. 

     There were a few moments of comfortable silence before he said, "Do you wanna compare hand sizes?" 

     "Sure," I said, bringing my hand up closer to our faces. 

     He brought up his own hand to mine and it was the first time I noticed how much bigger he was than me. "You have small hands," He said with a laugh. 

     "You have large hands!" I retorted. 

     "Okay, well, I can't argue with that," He responded playfully. 

     I hesitated to take my hand back, but he ended up retracting before I did so I quickly put my hand down after he did, fear of further embarrassment lingering in the back of my mind. 

      "So, about the thing about kissing me, what was that about?" He asked with a coy smile. 

     I hid my face with my hands so he wouldn't see me blush and said, "I thought I already told you." 

     "Yeah, but tell me again. Just so I can make sure," He said and I could tell he was on the verge of laughing. 

     I slightly opened my fingers to peek through at him and noticed the stupid smile that adorned his face. 

     "Tubbo thinks that we would make a good couple," I said simply. 

     "And do you believe him?" 

     "God, what is with you right now? You're not even my type," I scoffed. 

     "Then what is your type?" He asked. He was asking a lot of things, wasn't he?

     My type was him, if I was being completely honest. A handsome stranger I had met at the shop while I was at the front, who I had an immediate connection with, that was my type. I tended to romanticize my life a bit. 

     I shrugged, "I don't think I have one, but you're not it." 

     He huffed in amusement, "Wow, I'm hurt." 

     I giggled a little bit, too, before another silence settled over us once more. As I looked into his eyes it totally felt like one of those scenes in movies where the two characters were gazing into each other's eyes and even though they're actors, you can see the spark between them right as they lean in to kiss. 

     But we weren't going to kiss. I wasn't ready for my first kiss. Yes, me, your lovely 17-year-old protagonist has never had her first kiss. Pathetic, I know. 

     I sat up and brushed hair out of my face, "Um, it's getting kinda late, you should probably-" My phone started ringing. 

     I looked at the screen and saw it was a FaceTime from my dad. 

     Turning away from Ranboo so he wouldn't show on the screen I answered it. "Hi?" He never called me, much less FaceTime'd me. 

     "Hi, sorry for the, er, FaceTime, Wil said I should spend more time face to face with you and since I'm not exactly there right now, I thought this would be okay." The look on my face must've been something less than exciting because he said, "Uh, anyways, Dream is hosting this ball thing and you need to come with me. You can bring that boyfriend of yours." 

     "Dad, he's not my boyfriend!" I said quickly. 

     He pinched the bridge of his nose and said, "Whatever, it doesn't matter. You just have to be there because Dream thinks I'm fucking lying about having a daughter." 

     I had never heard him so stressed out. "Okay, that's fine. I'll ask Ranboo if he wants to go," I said quietly. 

     "Thanks, Princess. I love you, I'll see you when I get back." 

     "Bye," I replied, and with that he hung up. 

     I turned back to Ranboo, and this time I noticed purple particles coming off of him. "Does... that," I pointed to the particles around him, "happen whenever you're excited?" 

     He nodded.

     "So I can take this as a 'yes I would love to go to a ball with you, Scarlett?'" 

     He nodded again, "I would love to." 

     "Okay, cool. You can go dress and suit shopping with me next week," I said, beginning to search for places to buy dresses near me. 

     "Oh, okay." 

      "Also if you want to stay the night, I don't mind. There are plenty of guest rooms around here, I'll help you find one." 

     "No, you don't have to-"

     "Ranboo." 

     "Fine." 

pisses. ok yeah thats it thanks 4 reading ill be back soon w da next chapter