⊱┊two

I yawned and locked the door to the shop and stuck the key into my back pocket. In exchange, I pulled my phone out and decided to text my dad I had just closed up. 

hi dad I just finished closing up
don't work too hard this time around :(

     He on a mission with his dad and one of his brothers, Wilbur, which probably meant he wouldn't see the text until late that night. I was used to it. In fact, I was used to him not answering at all. It was fine, though. He always brought back cool artifacts and things from other countries when he traveled, so that would be fun when he did. 

     I was about to put my phone back in my pocket when I felt it buzz. I looked at the text and saw it was from an unknown number.

Unknown
Hi! I was the tall black and white guy at your shop today
Oh, wait you know my name.
Ranboo. 
Sorry, I forgot to text you earlier. I'm bad at remembering things :(

     Mans just sent me four fucking texts in a row. I squinted at my phone to make sure I had read them all correctly. It was around 8:30 pm at the moment so it was kind of dark out. I didn't want to invite him to my house at 8:30 pm. 

oh uh hi
I can't exactly uh. study u rn yk?

Ranboo
Well, I know that.
I just wanted to make sure I got the right number :)

     No. I was not going to be the person who developed a crush after two interactions. I took a small breath and just replied with something simple.

well, you did. I have to go home now and I skate home so cya 

Ranboo
Okay, bye! 

     "No!" I exclaimed, attracting a glance from someone walking on the other side of the street. I smiled shyly and waved apologetically at them. 

     I placed my skateboard on the ground and put my phone back into my pocket. I skated until I got to the front gates of my house. If you could call it a house. It was technically an abandoned castle my father had found on one of his adventures when he was younger. 

     I pushed the gates open and muttered to myself, "Technoblade never dies more like Technoblade is really fucking eccentric." I carried my board up to the two dark oak front doors and unlocked them with this old grimoire key. He had found the castle without a lock, so I didn't see why he had to go and make all fancy and shit. 

     I tossed my bag and board aside and found my way to my bedroom that was somewhere on the third floor. Privacy, you know? 

     I checked the text to my dad and saw the "Delivered." As usual. I sighed and laid down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. The greatest thing about the modern age was LED lights. I fumbled my hand around on my dresser and found the remote for my lights. I set the color to purple and a small smile formed on my face as I looked at the relaxing color. 

     I closed my eyelids and tried to go to sleep.

     .

     .

     .

     I couldn't sleep. For some reason, Ranboo's face kept crossing my mind. How incredibly stupid of me and my tired delusions. I sat up and stared at the blank wall in front of me. I was sure that there had been a poster there before. It probably fell off the weirdly textured wall. I groaned and got up from my bed, the light of my LEDs dimly letting me see the way through my room. 

     I realized I was still in my shorts and shirt from today and thought I should probably change into pajamas. I yawned a little, feeling tired but still energetic enough that I couldn't sleep. I stumbled over to my closet and found a hoodie and some shorts that were way less tight than the ones I had on. 

     About to flop back down on my bed, I remembered the poster that had most likely fallen. I huffed in frustration, "Scarlett, you're really a mess, aren't you?" I found the poster on the floor, it advertising a band I happened to like, Negative XP. The tape was still stuck to all four of the corners. I stuck it back to the wall only for it to fall again. I covered my eyes with my hands and slowly slid my hands down my face. I'd just leave it for tomorrow morning. 

     I looked at my phone that had somehow made it's way to my dresser after I had changed. I wondered if Tubbo was awake. He probably was since it was only nine. 

hey. hey stupid. call me. rn

Tubbo
what. why?

because your dearest best friend is lonely

Tubbo
Tommy?

no dumbass, me

Tubbo
oh. ok 

-incoming FaceTime from Tubbo-

     I happily picked up the call to Tubbo's smiling face, "Oh my God, dude, I like... can't sleep." 

     "Why not?" He inquired.  

     My face flushed because of the oh-so stupid answer I had to that question. "A boy," I mumbled.

     "Oh?" The curious look on his face made me flush even further. 

     "Yeah," I propped my phone up on my pillow and laid down on my stomach. 

      "Is he cute?" My face flushed at the question and I had to resist the urge of stuffing my face in my pillow. 

     "Kinda. But Tubbo, you know how easily I get crushes on people, so it's probably nothing more than a physical attraction." 

    He laughed a little, "Yeah, I remember that one time you gave me a flower and ran away when we were both kids." 

    "Okay, but then you put the flower behind your ear for the rest of the day, so you can't really blame me," I retorted with a smile. 

     He sighed and I saw a blatant eye roll from him, "Well how was I supposed to know that you had romantic intentions? We were six." 

     "That's enough out of you," I said, pretending to be angry at him. 

     He laughed again, making me smile. We talked for a few more hours after that until he pointed out the fact it was almost 1 am and we decided to go to bed and maybe talk the next morning. 

lol what was this chapter