⊱┊ seven

10k :flushed: thank u sexices <3 
AND IM GONNA SKIP THEM EATING BECAUSE I GENUINELY HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO WRITE THAT FJDSFHKSF 
also one more thing : theme song for this chapter is cause for concern by lovejoy !!

     After everybody had finished eating, I started to go up to my room and then remembered that we had guests over. 

     I walked over to Ranboo, standing by the table, looking like he didn't really know what to do. 

    "Are you gonna go home? I'm sure my dad won't mind if you stay longer," I twiddled with my fingers behind my back. 

     "Well, I should probably go anyways," He said with a sympathetic smile.

     I wanted him to stay. I really wanted him to stay, but I don't think I could say that to him. Instead, I just nodded and said, "Have a good night," and walked him to the door. 

      Was it weird that when he walked out I kind of wanted to hug him? God damn it, I was doing it, wasn't I? The falling for someone after barely knowing them. I sighed and closed the door. 

     "What's got you all down?" It was the voice of Wilbur. I turned to him and noticed bemusement twinkling in his eyes. 

     I groaned and started to dread explaining to him. It's not that I didn't love my uncle, he was just a little intrusive sometimes. 

     "Let me guess," He began, "You've got a crush on the fellow who just left." 

     I felt blood rush to my face as I struggled to keep my temper. "I don't know what would give you that impression." 

     "I mean, I won't pry too much, but that's what it seems like, at least to me," He said with a knowing smile. 

     I sighed in relief at him saying he wouldn't pry too much and set my back against the door, slumping down a little bit. "I don't even know how I feel about him," I said, looking at the ceiling. 

     "Well, that's understandable. It took me quite a while to figure out I liked Sally," A wistful look crossed his face as he talked of his former lover and the mother to his child, Fundy. 

     I felt bad for him and then I asked, "How's Fundy doing?" 

     He sighed a little bit, "He's doing good. He doesn't listen to me as well as he used to, but he's good." 

     I laughed a little bit, "As much as I haven't talked to him that yet, it seems like him." 

     "Yeah. Well, I'll let you go talk with your father, I think he wants to see how you're getting along." 

    "Okay, okay. It was nice talking to you," I said with a smile, and then I went to go find my dad. 

    I found him in his study, looking over some papers which seemed to be in another language. He looked tired. I gently knocked on the door frame and he looked up, seeming as if I had snapped him out of a trance. 

     "Oh, Scarlett," He said, a gentle look crossing his face. 

     "Hi, Dad. How was your trip?" I asked, sitting down in one of the chairs. 

     He sighed and leaned back in his chair, stretching his back. I saw his tail, the same tail I had twitch in almost indignation. "It was okay. I think Wilbur and Phil had more fun than I did, but a mission from Dream almost never feels fun." 

    I felt like I was hearing something I shouldn't be. "Really? Why not?" I asked him, feeling like a kid again with him telling me tales of regality and things as an 8 year old I shouldn't have been hearing. 

     "Oh, nothing. He's just so... I dunno. He's the king, y'know? He feels like he knows everything when he's around me and is trying to tell me that, like oh my God, dude, shut up." 

    He must've noticed my expression and said, "Sorry, that was a little much. Don't tell your new friend I said that," He laughed. 

     "Dad," I grumbled, my face flushing at the mention of Ranboo. 

     "Oh, come on, princess. I heard the way he said my name when I came into your lab. What were you two doing in there, anyways?" He asked leaning forward. 

     For some reason the subject made me even more flustered, and I messed with my thumbs in my lap. 

     "He's part Enderman and you know how I'm taking that mob study class?" He nodded. "I thought it would be a good idea to study him for my class and then I was testing his teleportation and that's why I was, uh, pressed against him." My face was turning redder my the second and my tail twitched in embarrassment.

     "Princess, I don't really care if you fool around with bo-"

     "DAD!" I stood up and looked at him, my face probably deeper than my hair at the moment.

     He chuckled, "Sorry, sorry. If you do like him though-" 

     "Oh my god, go back to fu- freaking looking over your papers," I said, storming out of the study. 

     I sighed and started to walk up to my third floor room only to find Tubbo sprawled out on my bed looking at his phone. 

     When he noticed me enter, he sat up and grinned at me. "Toby, go home already!" I complained. 

     "Don't want to," He said, laying back down and looking at his phone. 

     I groaned and hopped onto the bed with him, looking at my ceiling. "Do you think if I had a crush on Ranboo he'd reciprocate it?" I asked. 

     "Where did that come from? Scarlett, you can't seriously think you have a crush on him," He said, turning over to look at me, propping himself up on his elbow. 

     I sighed, sinking into my bed. "My dad said a couple things and then they made me start thinking and I've always been really bad at figuring out my feelings," I said, the words just spilling out of my mouth as I thought of everything that had happened today. 

     "Oh. I don't think you should tell him quite yet, if you do. What if he does something really weird and you two are dating? It would break his heart if you told him you had to break up with him if that ever happened." 

     I covered my face with my hands at the thought of the two of us possibly dating. It wasn't an unpleasant thought, I'll say that. 

     "I'll talk with him some more before I decide, then," I told Tubbo and he nodded, going back to his former position of looking at his phone. 

     "You staying the night?" I asked.

     "Yeah, sure," He replied. 

     We both fell asleep in my bed after a little bit more talking and I was glad he had stayed the night. 

sorry i took so long im really stressed with finals right now ROFL !! but i'm almost done with school so hopefully updates will be more consistent after that.