⊱┊twenty

I checked my outfit in the mirror for the thousandth time and smoothed my skirt out. I was wearing a translucent light green shirt, with a cropped black tank top over it and a light green plaid skirt. I huffed slightly before taking my phone off of my desk, FaceTiming Tubbo.

     When he picked up I pouted and said, "I need you to look at my outfit."

     He scrunched up his nose, "Why?"

     "Because of my date with Ranboo!" I exclaimed, a flush coming to my face.

     "Oh, right. Hehe, I forgor," He said with a dumb smile on his face.

     I rolled my eyes and set my phone down on my dresser, moving away from my phone to show off my outfit. "What do you think?"

     He moved his face closer to his own screen and squinted. "Hmm, I like it. I think you'll blow him away."

     I took my phone off my dresser and sat down on my bed, looking at Tubbo. "Really?"

    "Yeah. What time's your date?"

     "Twelve."

     "Scarlett, that's in like thirty minutes!" He exclaimed suddenly.

     I laughed nervously, "I know, I know! That's why I'm asking for your opinion."

     "Well, I already said it looks good," Tubbo replied.

     I nervously twirled a lock of hair in my fingers, nibbling on my bottom lip. "Okay, thanks. Oh god, Tubs, I'm so nervous," I said with a groan.

     He laughed, "You'll do fine. It amazes me how you can be so bold one minute, yet so shy the other."

     I tugged on that same lock of hair, huffing out a sigh. "Yeah, yeah. I'll tell you about it afterwards," I said with a smile to him.

     "Alright, have fun!" He said before I hung up.

     I sighed again and let myself fall backwards into my comforter. My heart was pounding in my chest and I kept chewing on my lip in nervous contemplation.

     As I was thinking about all the things that could go wrong, I heard a knock on the door downstairs. I shot up and looked at my phone time. 11:47. He was early.

     I grabbed my purse and slung it over my shoulder, opening the door to my room and then hopping down the stairs. Before I opened the front door I checked my hair in my phone camera and then sighed a little bit.

    I opened the door and my face melted into a smile when I saw Ranboo standing there.

     "Hi," I said softly.

     "Hello," He replied and I felt my grin grow a little wider.

     "Okay, so, I have a couple things planned out for today," I began, stepping aside so he could walk into my house.

     When he did, I closed the door and led him into the living room, sitting down on the couch and motioning for him to do the same.

    He did, and I started to tell him the things I had spent tirelessly the night before coming up with.

     "So first," I said, holding up my index finger, "I was thinking we could go to that arcade that's downtown. Have you been there?"

     He nodded, "Yeah, I've been there."

     "Good, okay. Then next, we go get lunch, dinner, linner, whatever. Unless you're hungry right now, which in that case, we could go get something right now. But if you don't want to that's fi-"