⊱┊fifteen

bye i tried my best to add conflict with this chapter because that's something i need to work on in my writing i have no clue if it worked
and cw: mention of underage drinking

     I returned to where Ranboo was to see a girl talking to him. A girl. Talking to him. I walked over to them and cleared my throat. 

     I felt jealousy stir in my chest but I did my best to keep calm. "Hi, Ranboo. Who's this?" I asked, shooting the girl a smile. 

     "Oh, uh-" 

     "I'm Adrienne. I don't believe we've met before," She smiled back. She looked like Dream, I thought. Dirty blonde hair that reached her shoulders, green eyes and a splash of freckles on her face and shoulders. 

    "I'm Scarlett." 

     "Yes, I know. Technoblade's daughter, right? Or so he told us," She mused and I was about ready to throw the cup of soda I had in her face. 

    "So you are related to Dream," I replied flatly. 

    "I'm his cousin. Staying for the summer, you know." 

    "Actually, I didn't know. And I don't really care, frankly." 

    "Wow, feisty! I didn't expect you to be like this." 

    I glanced at Ranboo who looked like he wanted to disappear into the shadows and never come back. 

    I rolled my eyes and set the food and drink I had down on a table that was near us and held onto Ranboo's arm. "If you'll excuse us, we were in the middle of something." 

     "Oh, so you're his date?" She asked. 

     I put on a smile that was most definitely fake, and I really hoped it conveyed that, and said, "Yep, isn't that right, babe?" I asked Ranboo, gently squeezing his arm where I was holding it. 

     "What, um, yes- yeah, that's right." 

     "I'll leave you two, I suppose. Just Ranboo, take some advice, you might want to be careful around filthy pigs." 

     With that she walked away and I really, really wanted to kick something. Specifically a blonde girl. 

    I let go of Ranboo's arm and sat down in a chair at the table. He sat with me and I heard a small laugh from him. 

     "What was that? You got so defensive. And, the pièce de résistance, babe?" I flushed and slid down in my sear, covering my face with my hands enough not to smudge my makeup. 

    I put my hands down again and said, "I didn't trust her." 

    "We were just talking." 

     I rolled my eyes, "Oh come on, you were obviously flirting, anybody could tell that from a mile away." 

     "Oh my god, were you jealous? That's amazing." 

     "I was not jealous!" Yes, I was. Very jealous. 

     "Okay, sure. I'll take your word. Anyways, what food did you get?" 

     I pushed one of the plates towards him. 

     "Oh mashed potatoes, hell yeah." 

     We ate a little bit, danced some more and nearing the end of the night, it started raining outside. "Hey, do you wanna go dance in the rain?"

     "I can't, water and endermen don't mix well," He said with a laugh. 

     "I know, I know, that's why I," I fished a bottle out of my purse, "made this. It'll make you water resistant for one hour." 

     "Really? Are you sure? I don't know much about your potion making ability," He worried. 

     "Ok, worst things worst, you step out and it doesn't work and we immediately run back inside." 

     "But, it'll hurt," He whined. 

    "Be brave, come on," I extended the potion towards him and he took it gingerly. 

     Twisting the cap of the bottle off, he took a cautious sip and then slowly drank the rest of it. 

     "Let's go try this thing out," I said, standing up and pulling him towards a side exit that I was pretty sure led to a courtyard. 

     He carefully stepped out, putting his hand out first and upon contact with the rain, he found that it did not in fact hurt. 

     I sighed in relief, "Okay, good. I was only like sixty-five percent sure that would work." 

     "That's like super low! What if it didn't?" 

     I stepped closer to him, taking his hands in mine. "But it did." 

     "You're crazy, you know that?" He asked, a twinkle in his eyes. 

     "Maybe, but it doesn't matter." 

     We swayed a little bit together, the faint music from the ballroom leading us. 

     The rain pressed my hair to my face and I'm sure it was doing absolute wonders for my dress. 

     I don't know what it was, maybe the fact that I had downed a glass of wine earlier when nobody was looking, or the fact that my heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest, but I felt like doing something that I wasn't quite sure I should do. 

     I traced my hands up his arms and then cupped them around his face. I was sure I was doing something dangerous but I felt as calm as ever. 

     "Can I do something completely weird?" I asked.

     "Like what?" He replied. 

     I nibbled on my bottom lip and told myself 'fuck it,' before standing on the tips of my toes to kiss him. It was a short kiss, and a total far cry from what I thought my first kiss would be like but I did it. 

     "Scarlett?" He asked, his eyes wide. 

     I dropped my hands and stepped away from him. "Sorry, um, I don't know why I did that. I'll, ah, be right back." 

     I rushed back inside, quickly scanning the room for Tubbo. 

     I found him talking to Tommy and I pulled him away as soon as I could. 

     "What's wrong?" He asked, noticing my most likely panicked expression.

     "I think I may have fucked up."

GIGGLES HEY 
sorry this chapter seems like shit idc at this point heart eyes 
i hope ur on the edge of ur fucking seat rn