⊱┊eight

I woke up at the sound of my alarm and Tubbo kicked me, as if trying to get the alarm to stop. I sat up and shoved him, him waking up with a groan. 

     "What the fuck?" He questioned groggily. 

     I rubbed my eyes and blinked slowly at him, "You just kicked me." 

     "Oh. Sorry." 

     He sat up as well and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. His hair was a mess and I snorted at how it stood up in all types of ways. 

     "What?" He whined, not liking being laughed at. 

     "Your hair," I told him with a giggle. 

     "What about my- oh." He had ran a hand through his hair and stopped when he realized how bad it looked. 

     "Okay, I'm gonna go try and fix this," He vaguely gestured to his hair, "and you can go see if there's breakfast."

     I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone from the bedside table, starting out of my room and down the stairs. 

      I smiled as I noticed I had a few texts from Ranboo.

1:37 am

Ranboo
Y'know, the more I think about it, the more you and your dad look alike.
Wait it's like one am.
Sorry. Gonna assume you'll see this in the morning :)
Goodnight <3

     Holy fucking shit there was a heart next to the goodnight. It probably meant nothing, a formality at best, but that didn't stop my heart from pounding in my chest as I walked down the stairs. 

so you've been thinking about me ahaha

     I bit my lip nervously, realized what I was doing and briefly turned it into the fuckboy face, and slid down the banister the rest of the way down. 

     When I got closer to the kitchen, the smell of waffles flooded my senses. I walked into the kitchen to see Phil happily at the waffle maker, sliding one onto a plate. 

     "Good morning, Phil," I greeted him with a smile. 

      "Mornin', Scarlett," He returned, pouring more batter into the waffle maker, closing it and flipping it before turning to me. 

     "How'd you sleep? I know Tubbo's a restless sleeper," He joked. 

     I shrugged. "Surprisingly, fine. Are the waffles ready for me to call Tubbo down or not?" 

     "Yeah, you can tell him to come. I'm just makin' extra for your father and Wil." 

     See, the funny thing about my family situation is that Phil wasn't my grandpa, and Wilbur wasn't my uncle. Sure, I called them both those things, but my father was just close friends with Phil and I had always sort of seen him as a grandfatherly figure. But, that doesn't really matter. 

     I quickly texted Tubbo that breakfast was ready and I heard pounding on the stairs as he ran down to get some food. 

     He rushed into the kitchen and I saw his hair was fixed and he had stolen one of my hoodies and was wearing that over some shorts. 

     "Food. Hungry." 

     I burst out laughing as Phil handed him a plate of waffles that had whipped cream piled on top of them. "Thank you, Phil!" He exclaimed and went to the dining room to sit down. 

     "Quite the energetic one, isn't he?" Phil chuckled as he handed me a plate with the same whipped cream as Tubbo's. 

     I nodded and took my plate into the dining room as well, sitting next to Tubbo. 

     "Dude, slow down," I said after I noticed him ravenously eating his waffles. 

     "No," He said rather politely and went back to it. 

     I laughed at his response and started on my own plate of food, not realizing how hungry I had been when I woke up. 

     We both soon finished our plates and we found ourselves in the living room. "What do you want to do today?" Tubbo asked me. The shop was closed today since my father had just gotten back from his latest escapade. 

     "Just kinda... lay around. Play video games, whatever," I told him, slumped down on the couch.

     He hummed in consideration and said, "Or, hear me out, you could invite Ranboo over again." 

     I'll admit, the thought made me blush, but I sighed and said, "He was just here yesterday, I couldn't put him out like that again." 

     He scoffed. "I'm pretty sure he thinks you're cool enough that he'd want to come back, it won't be that bad." 

     "Tubbo, no," I insisted. 

     "Give me your phone," He said, changing the subject. 

     "What, why?" I said with a confused look at him. 

     "Shshshsh, don't ask questions, just give."

     I rolled my eyes and handed him my phone, watching as he pressed his thumb into the indentation and smiled. 

     He turned away from me and I couldn't see what he was doing and it kinda made my stomach drop, but not in the fun rollercoaster way, in a dreadful way. 

     He typed something and handed it back to me, and I stared at the terrible message he had just concocted. 

hey ranboo you should come over ;]
i'd love it if you did <33

     It was a message that was dripping with honey and I hated it so much. "Why would you send that?!" I exclaimed, a pink blush rising to my face and it burned. 

     He shrugged. 

     I sighed and covered my face with my hands. I quickly uncovered my face as I heard a message notification. 

Ranboo
Oh, uh, sure
I need to get ready first.
And no, I haven't been thinking about you, not at all :]

     I cleared my throat and stood up. "I need to get ready," I announced to Tubbo. 

     "Go do that," He said with a smile. 

sorry its short lihujknsjfk hehe fun times ahead ig 
ALSO ???? 16K WHAT ??!??#??$ thank u so much oh my goodness <3