⊱┊eighteen

you'll see <3 
listen 2 cartier love by simon tran while reading pls 😫😫

     Four months. It had been four months since I had actually talked with Ranboo, and four months since I had told him how I felt about him. 

      And now, of all trivial things I was at a Christmas party with him, Tubbo, my father, Phil and Wilbur, and Dream. 

      To make matters worse, I was sitting right next to him, exchanging nervous glances with Tubbo across the table. 

     I took a short breath and switched my gaze to Ranboo, only to find that he was already looking at me. 

     I quickly turned my head away in embarrassment, and found that the edge of the table was suddenly volumes more interesting. 

     "So," I heard Dream say, and I directed my attention to him instead of the table. "I'm so glad you all could make it." 

     Even I had to admit that Dream had some sort of charisma about him. I tried my best to not sigh at the current predicament I was in and instead zoned out and focused on a painting on the wall across from me. 

     After a moment of zoning out, I was brought back to reality by a small nudge from Ranboo. "What?" I whispered. 

      "Can we talk?" He asked quietly. 

      I sighed. It was inevitable that this conversation would happen eventually. I nodded and then said, "I'm going to show Ranboo where the bathroom is." 

     I stood up, smoothed my dress out, and walked towards the hallway where the bathroom was. 

      He followed me, and I ended up sitting on the toilet with the lid down and he leaned against the bathroom wall. 

     "Okay. Talk," I said flatly, steepling my fingers in my lap. 

     He sighed, and I saw him practically deflate. 

     "Scarlett, listen. It's been four months, that's ridiculous! Why would you- why- oh my god- why would you make me drag out what I've been feeling for that long. I could've moved on by now, but no! You're in every single one of my thoughts, I swear." His tone was sharp, but in a different way than back in August when he was angry with me. Now, I don't think he was angry, but just frustrated. 

     I shrugged, "I don't know. I thought if I didn't talk to you I could move on, too. It hasn't worked, by the way." 

     He sucked in a nervous breath and then asked softly, "Does that mean you still like me...?" 

     "I think so," I replied, equally as soft. 

      "Oh." 

      There was a small moment of silence before he asked, "What does that mean? For us, I mean." 

      "I don't know. I don't know if I want to date you right now," I said, and then I realized that it sounded kind of mean so I quickly said, "Not that, I wouldn't date you, I just, like, don't think I'm ready for a relationship right now." 

      He nodded, "I can get that, I guess. I'll wait for you, maybe?" He smiled at me, and I felt butterflies in my stomach and I blushed. 

      "Okay. Wait for me." 

     With that, we walked back into the main hall and returned to our seats. 

giggles ! tehe ! sorry its short like literally 500 words less than usual i wasnt feeling like writing that much LMAO but we're ?? strangely enough, almost at the end?