F I F T Y - S E V E N

I finished this chapter super early, so I thought why not post it?

<3

Exam week flies by, which is surprising considering how long and stressful exams usually are for me. Cooper and I were studying whenever we had free time, and now that exams are finally out of the way, I can focus on more important things- like the pack and my family.

Grayson and I have grown even closer since he unleashed his deeper feelings, and now I feel like we can really connect more with no emotional barriers left. However, since I had exams all week, I couldn't really spend as much time as I would have liked with him.

My mom finally went back to work. She attempted to bring Evie back to her previous school but she cried and threw a tantrum at being separated from her new friends- Darren's name came up repeatedly. Mom decided that Evie can continue school with the rest of the pack. I think that she secretly loves the idea that Evie will be better protected from supernatural enemies like the coven that took her only a few weeks ago.

I finished my last exam today, which just so happened to be Ethics. Staring at the multiple choice questions brought up some emotions, but I had to hold myself together. It's so freaking unfair. Nobody in class even reacted to Eli being gone. I know that in college, people sometimes get lost in the chaos of classes and crowds and parties, but how can nobody care?

I care. I won't forget Eli and the sacrifices he made for me and Cooper and Evie.

So that's what helped me through my Ethics exam today- the thought that Eli would say something stupid and completely misplaced about ethics and tell me I have to study and pass. I can totally imagine him saying, "You're the most ethical person I know, you can't fail ethics!"

As I walk out of the lecture hall, I watch my breath fog in front of me, reminding me of a book I read about an Ice Queen. That would be cool if I had magical powers, but I guess I can settle for my boyfriend being a werewolf.

Speaking of my supernatural boyfriend, there he is, illegally parked like he was all those months ago to pick me up from class. Even though I'm bundled up in layers and layers of coats and socks and a pair of totally-not-sexy long underwear, he is wearing a simple black t-shirt and jeans like he's ready for 70 degree weather.

I really wish I didn't get hot or cold easily like werewolves.

He leans against his Tesla with his muscled arms crossed. I watch as the sleeves barely contain his biceps and remember how awed I was by him the first time I saw him at Java. 

I could really go for some coffee right now.

Grayson's eyes light up the moment he notices me exiting the building. His lips tug up at the corners, and when I'm only a few feet away from him, it's like he can't wait a moment longer to hold me so he covers the distance and wraps me up in a hug.

"Goddess, you're freezing, Thea," he mumbles as he rubs his hands up and down my coat-covered arms.

"Yeah, well I'm not cold-resistant like you," I shiver.

It's not that cold, it's only in the upper 30s, but I feel like an ice pack just taken out of the freezer.

Gray ushers me into his, thankfully, heated car. I thaw for a moment as Gray just smiles at me like a creepy boyfriend from the driver's seat. I would usually scold him for illegally parking in front of the building, but I'm too cold to complain right now so I just let him have his moment.

When I finally melt into the heated seat, Grayson holds out a to-go cup of coffee from Java for me. My jaw drops and then I let out a high-pitched squeal of happiness.