F I F T Y

Another chapter! In the past week I've been receiving way more views, so thank you to everyone who has been reading my story and voting and commenting. I truly appreciate you all.

A special shoutout to @_xxlubnaxx_ for creating an amazing cover for DSOTM! If anyone else has any covers or fan art, send it to my gmail alexiarosebooks@gmail.com 

Happy reading!

Xx alexia

Grayson and I cuddle on the couch for a little while longer until he begrudgingly informs me that he has to continue training. After a bit of lecturing from me about shirking his duties, he tells me that any time he feels my pain, fear or sadness he will come to me no matter how busy he is. 

That earns him endless kisses from me.

Before he leaves, I tell him my worries about the plan Elle has concocted for tomorrow.

"I'm just worried that you and the other members of the pack could get hurt protecting me. I would be devastated if someone dies in my place."

"No one's dying," Grayson says as he tightens his grip on me. It seems more like he's trying to convince himself that no harm will come to me. He is keeping me away from my shift at Java tomorrow, so I really don't see how it's even possible for me to be in danger. It's him I'm worried about.

"Promise me you'll be safe," I whisper, my forehead resting on his chest. His chin rests on the top of my head as he exhales. 

"I promise, baby. You're stuck with me."

"Good," I smile, then push him away. "Now go do Alpha things or something!" I push him out of the door and towards the street. He has been allowing me to direct him, but he plants his feet firmly on the pavement the more I try to move him away from my house.

"Ugh, you're so freaking heavy! Move you big giant!" I begin using my back to push him away, knowing that if I don't send him away he could very well spend the day with me. I thought he was some hot-shot Alpha, but all he wants to do is spend time with me. He should be working!

His rumbling laughter makes me stop shoving him. I turn around and glare at him. I cross my arms in front of me as I wait for him to leave.

"I came here in my wolf form, love."

It's like he expects me to understand the point he's making. All I do is stare at him.

"And? Bye wolfie!" I sarcastically wave my hand at him. He shrugs his shoulders and reaches for the bottom of his shirt. 

"Alright, you asked for it." 

Grayson quickly takes his shirt off and drops it to the floor. I'm stuck in a daze as my eyes trace his chest and muscles- oh, so many muscles. The contours of his abs are so stark, I can count the eight-pack. When his very capable hands drop down to the waistband of his joggers, I immediately run forward and catch his wrists before he decides to go streaking in my neighborhood.

"What the heck are you doing?!" I basically scream at him as I give him a wide-eyed stare. He does that famous Grayson smirk that I have a love-hate relationship with, and I can't decide how I feel about it right now. 

"I can't shift in my clothes, Thea. They'll rip and then I won't have anything to change into when I get back. I have to carry them in my mouth in my wolf form."

He knows why I'm having trouble creating a coherent sentence right now, and he seems to be enjoying every minute of it. His shiny white teeth are on full display as he stands in my driveway looking like a Greek God carved of stone in all of his perfection.