T W E N T Y - S E V E N

"Stop it! Grayson stop!" I squeal at the top of my lungs as Grayson refuses to stop tickling my sides. He just recently found out about a very ticklish spot right below my ribs and for the past few minutes he has been harassing me non-stop. I swear, once I find one weakness in this perfect man I will exploit it every chance I get. He's too perfect.

"Make me," he teases as he continues to mercilessly attack my sides as I uncontrollably laugh.I most likely sound like an insane person with my full blown cackling, but it's his fault for tickling me!

I kick out at him, trying to get him off of me. He stops when he senses that I need to breathe, opting to rub my sides instead. My eyes are now watering from the non-stop laughing and I wipe away the tears from the outer corners of my eyes.

"You're pure evil," I mumble, giving him an evil glare as I recover. He only grins at me and hugs me tighter to him. "You haven't seen evil yet. Wait until you see me wolf out," he jokes. I remind him that I've already seen it, and now that I'm prepared for it I think I'll be able to handle it. We debate him showing me his wolf side for a few minutes until there's a firm knock on his bedroom door.

"Who's that?" I ask, wondering who in the pack house would want to speak to him this early in the morning.

"I don't know. One sec," he groans as he lifts himself up from his laying-down position and walks over to the door. I watch his back muscles move against his tight black shirt as he moves to open the door. I'll never get tired of admiring my mate.

He opens the door, and I can't see who's on the other side because Grayson is blocking my view. When I hear a massive growl I jerk my head up and fear instantly creeps into me when I see what is happening.

A large gray wolf is snarling at us, the wolf's teeth sharp like a knife. Saliva is dripping from its mouth as its lip is peeled back to reveal more vicious teeth. Instead of fighting like I thought Grayson would do, he just stands there. He doesn't move at all, and I'm questioning why he's doing nothing when it clearly isn't a friendly wolf approaching us.

At that moment, the wolf lunges at Grayson, easily digging its claws into his chest and knocking him down as if he were a bowling pin.

"GRAYSON!" I scream out in fear, hoping that he'll get up and shift into his wolf. Just looking at the gray wolf, I know Grayson is bigger and could take it. Grayson is just laying on the floor, frozen, as the wolf claws and bites at him. All the while, I'm screaming and crying as I can't even see his body with the wolf covering him and the blue fog rolling in from the doorway.

I look around for a weapon to fight the werewolf with, and by the time I find a pocket knife in one of his dresser drawers, the wolf isn't there. It's gone. I rush to Grayson's side to find endless claw and bite marks on him, the most notable bite mark being right on the side of his neck. An entire chunk of his skin is ripped out, and his lifeless blue eyes are staring at the ceiling. All I can do is scream at the heavens for taking him away from me prematurely.

I wake up gasping for air. I look to my right and see the sheets from that side of the bed are rumpled and cold. Then I realize that this isn't my bed. Memories of last night flood through my brain, but I can't smile. Not right now. My heart is racing and tears are still streaming down my face at the horrible nightmare. It was a nightmare... right?

The dream happened in this room. I throw the sheets off of me and jump off of the bed, not even caring about how cold my feet feel after touching the tile floor. My eyes search the place on the floor where I last saw Grayson's body, and I let out a sigh of relief when I see the spot is empty.

It was just a dream. A horrible, scary, vivid dream. I look at the clock next to the bed and see that it's seven in the morning. That means that I only slept for a little over two hours while Grayson slept for even less. Normally I would find myself going back to sleep, but right now I need to go in search of Grayson and coffee. There's no chance I'm going to sleep after that nightmare.