T H I R T Y - S I X

After I finish two of the grilled cheese sandwiches, I tell Grayson that I'm full. He looks at me like he doesn't believe me, but I remind him that I'm not an Alpha werewolf like him who needs to eat FOUR sandwiches as a meal. He helps me finish the remaining two.

He tells me what he's been texting my mom so she wouldn't worry about me. Apparently she's been wanting me to come home, but "I" have been insisting that I finish a psychology project with Cooper.

Today is Monday, so I technically have only missed one day of classes which I'm thoroughly impressed by. I did miss a shift at Java, so I'll need to drop by and apologize. I'll have to make up an excuse and pretend I was really sick- it's not a complete lie, but I can't exactly tell the complete truth.

Right now, I'm lying on the couch with Grayson as we watch a rerun of Friends. I'm laughing out loud as Ross finds his red sweater in Monica's apartment and Joey's jaw drops as he finally puts the pieces together that Ross and Rachel got together. I don't miss the fact that Grayson watches me more than the TV show.

The theme song begins playing for the next episode, so I untangle myself from Grayson and stand on my feet. He looks pouty as I break away from him, but I only smile and motion for him to get up with my finger. He raises an eyebrow as I begin spinning on my feet.

"SO NO ONE TOLD YOU LIFE WAS GONNA BE THIS WAYYYY" *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

I belt the song, knowing that no one but Grayson and I are home. He tilts his head back and laughter tumbles out of him. I continue dancing and singing to the theme song. I surely look like an idiot- I'm spinning, jumping, kicking my legs out- I definitely look insane. However, I have so much energy and all I want to do is have a dance party to the Friend's theme song.

When the "I'll be there for you" lyrics come on, Grayson is instantly in front of me. It's not fair when he uses his werewolf speed because I'm stuck being a slow poke. He grabs my hand and spins me around before dipping me dramatically. I laugh as my head hangs upside-down for a second before I'm right-side up again. We continue jumping and singing and dancing around until the song ends. I'm out of breath while Grayson looks absolutely fine- another annoying difference between werewolves and humans.

The show begins playing again, but it's background noise now that my focus is on Grayson. Our laughter fades and once again I'm very aware of how attractive he is. His dark hair is styled in that perfectly messy manner. I'll never understand how he makes sweatpants look good. His shirt is taut against his arms and chest, showing the many dips and curves of his muscles. My favorite thing about him is his eyes. The blue-gray color is easily my favorite, and I finally understand the meaning of "the eyes are the windows to the soul" because I can see all his emotions in them. I see love, vulnerability, happiness. I'm sure my eyes mirror the same things.

I forget everything but him as my eyes flutter closed. I lean into him and only have to reach a little before he bends down to erase the rest of the space between us. His lips are soft on mine as we kiss. It's a slow kiss where we express our deep emotions for one another. His hands go to my waist, and they wrap around me like they always do. I feel secure in his arms, and I never want this feeling to go away.

The kiss gets more intense when his tongue enters my mouth and his hands travel to my backside. Ever since earlier when he touched me there, he seems to not be afraid to touch me more intimately. It's like once he touched me once, it has opened up the floodgates. It's a new sensation that I'm finding that I enjoy.

His hands squeeze my bum once before the clearing of a throat interrupts our make-out session. I pull back quickly and instantly turn around to see Cooper smirking at the two of us like we are two kids caught doing something we aren't supposed to be doing. My hand flies to my heart as I regain the breath I lost from the kiss and from being scared senseless by Cooper's sudden appearance.