F O R T Y - E I G H T

Alrighty, here's the next chapter! First, can you believe that DSOTM is #73 in romance?? I CAN'T LIKE WHAAAAA

Thank you guys so much for your comments and votes and reads. I'm literally glued to my phone and am constantly reading the HILARIOUS things you guys write. Love u guys <3

Xx alexia

Thea's POV

I wake up to the feeling of fingers brushing stray hairs from my face. I'm really comfortable and I don't want to get up, so I snuggle further into the silk pillow beneath me. I sigh in complete comfort when those same fingers from before begin to massage my lower back. This is pure bliss.

It feels like only moments later when a low rumbly voice whispers in my ear.

"Baby, you have to get up now."

I groan and pull the comforter over my head. Gray chuckles and rubs up and down my arms over the comforter. He senses that I'm not planning on waking up anytime soon, so he decides to join me under the covers. 

I don't see him, but I feel his closeness. His warmth surrounds me. 

"Come on, Thea. It's seven o'clock and I promised your mom that I would bring you home tonight at a reasonable hour."

Shoot. He did promise her. When I called her earlier today, she told me she wanted to watch a movie marathon with me because she had a lot of free time this week. It seems that ever since Mom stopped working as much, my life has become so much crazier. I'm spending most of my time at school or at the pack house, and when I do come home it's mainly just to sleep. 

To my Mom, it must seem like I'm just avoiding her and Evie. In reality, I'm trying to stay protected from other supernaturals out to get me- and spend more time with Grayson, of course.

He really weaseled his way into my heart. It didn't take much effort on his part to become a huge part of my life. Just the thought of my life before I met him is depressing. 

"Ugh, fine. I'm getting up." I grumble incoherent words as I push the heavenly comforter off of my head and sit up in the large king-sized bed. I can feel the stray hairs on my head standing up proudly, and I can't find the energy to care that it probably looks like a rat's nest.

"You look adorable after you wake up," Gray grins. He wraps his strong arms around me and plants a million small kisses on my cheeks, forehead, nose, and lips. I can't help but giggle like a school girl. I didn't know it was possible to feel this giddy.

When he's satisfied that he's proven his infatuation with me, he helps me get off of the bed. That's when I realize that I'm only in my underwear and one of his hulk-sized t-shirts. I blush as memories of a few hours ago fill my head. After I... helped him, he helped me. Over and over and over again until I couldn't take anymore and fell asleep in seconds. 

After my little nap I'm still pretty exhausted, but I feel amazing. Looking over at Grayson- who is without a shirt now, might I add- only reinforces the idea that I'm hopelessly in love with him. I love him with everything I have. I love the way his brown hair curls just slightly at the ends. The way his bright blue-gray eyes never stray from me when I'm in the room. I love his long, dark eyelashes that I've always been slightly jealous of. He's perfect. And he's mine.

We dress quickly. He complains that he wants me to stay in his shirt. I complain that I can't or else I'll face endless teasing from my mother. He pouts. I laugh. 

Before we leave, I ask Grayson to mindlink Cooper and Axel so I can say goodbye, but he only clears his throat and says they're busy. I'm going to pretend they're busy doing pack business...